Nosferatu (1922)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosferatu (1922)

There are some Threads to do with it but not one just about it, well not that i could find. So i thought i should start one, because i think it is an outstanding film for its time, and lets face it with out it we may not have our beloved Dracula on the screen.
    A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

I agree with you that guy gave me the creeps, more so than any of the modern day creatures or actors. the only other actor that could scare me from the classics was Vincent Price. On IMDB you can read so interesting facts on this film, such as the bloopers made and more. Here is a few about this movie. * Miscellaneous: When Hutter sits down on the bed at the inn to read the book about Nosferatu the Vampire, a piece of paper can be seen appearing and then disappearing in the lower left corner of the screen.

* Anachronisms: The pages of the supposedly ancient "Book of the Vampires" have modern watermarks.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Hutter is going to bed in his room at the inn, a waving arm of a crew member (holding some piece of cloth) can be seen at the far right corner.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): The captain of the ship carrying Nosferatu ties himself to the wheel with a 'granny knot' (which may slip loose), rather than the correct sailors 'reef knot'. Knot is clearly visible at 52:00 min on the DVD.
    Last edited by demona6; 10-03-2008, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Should be in the foreign section. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
        Should be in the foreign section. Just sayin'.
        Meh, it can be in either one i guess.
        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

this was an epic movie for its time. i love count orlok. max schreck was one creepy dude. although he was mostly a stage actor. i would love to see any of his german made movies. if anyone has any to recommened that be great
          [/QUOTE]

sig courtesy of rayzorsharp www.GuildWars-THCS.com

http://horrorsrollerderby.com/

Comment

If anyone wants to watch it, i posted a link to watch it in this Thread:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...youtube+movies

Comment

Creepiest Dracula ever portrayed f'rill.

Comment

Nosferatu is so surreal and well done that it is one of the few films that genuinely creeps me out. Nothing can be said that hasn't be said, but it'd be great if something stronger than words was invented, because this film definitely deserves it.

I love when Orlok comments on how the guy's wife has a lovely throat.
                Oh, the Horror! Reviews - Check out our ever-growing vault of horror DVD, VHS, theatrical films and more!

Comment

Best Vampire movie ever made.

Comment

Brilliant movie.Amazing how it is still so effective in its creepiness today.Nosferatu is timeless.Thats the best compliment any bit of art could get from me.
                    Hate The Living,Love the Dead.

sigpic

Comment

Greatest vampire movie. And Max Schreck scared the shit out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                        Meh, it can be in either one i guess.
                        No, it's a foreign film. Fact.
                        Recently watched films:

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
                        The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
                        Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
                        Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
                        The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
                        Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
                        Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
                        Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

Comment

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                          good call!!

Comment

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                            No it's a Foreign Classic.

Comment

Yeah, Nosferatu is hands down one of the best vampire movies. It used to creep the shit out of me when I was little and still does.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X