Plan 9 From Outerspace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan 9 From Outerspace

I know there was a thread on the idea of a remake, but I searched and did not see a thread on the original.

Wanted to know how old people were when they first saw this film? Did you rent it? Did it come on late night tv with a horror host/hostess?
    What was your introduction to this film?

Mine was sitting through a film class and Plan 9 was used to show us what not to do.
    The Hurricanrana Report
    Clean Your Shorts!

I was about 17 or 18, I saw the film on DVD. Not typical, maybe, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Comment

One of my favorite movies.

Caught it on late night cable one Halloween many years ago (long before the Ed Wood movie) and havent been the same since.

Kicked off my obsession with everything Ed Wood related.

Comment

Ya I really love this film too.... Its a classic that is a must have!!!

I probably saw it when I was about 17, but I remember reading on it when I was like in grade 6, In the book Encyclopedia of Monsters...
        when I think of the film, I see Tor Johnson, and Vampira in my head...
        I almost bought one of the flying saucer models used in the film...
        then I realized it was $5000.00.....

Comment

just think the movie is a stroke of genius....ed wood at the height of powers...but no way ever the film could be remade....
          "It's just I've been twelve for a very long time."

- Eli
          "Let The Right One In"

Comment

I watched it for the first time back last month "since my wife got me a netflix subscription for Xmas" and watched it on the add it now feature on my xbox and I must say after watching Ed Wood countless times over the years watching this I couldn't take my head away from Ed Wood but had a blast none the less.

Comment

just cant take it that serious, the movie is simply mindless fun, and thats the reason i love it so much
              "It's just I've been twelve for a very long time."

- Eli
              "Let The Right One In"

Comment

I watched "Ed Wood" several years ago, I think as part of a film class, and had wanted to watch "Plan 9" ever since. I found it online somewhere and watched it that way.

The very definition of Camp Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonite_soul View Post
                  just think the movie is a stroke of genius....ed wood at the height of powers...but no way ever the film could be remade....

you got fuckin problem's. Are we talking about the SAME Plan 9 here? this movie is a joke. even by todays dumbass standards. They're going to REMAKE this? God I hate this fucking country....

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

it was not a good thing to do

Comment

any way good stuff

Comment

Watched it the other day
                        "Can you prove it didn't happen?"

Comment

(IMO) The greatest movie ever made! NO JOKE

Comment

Wow

I can't believe they're going to re-make this movie.

I was about 13 when i first saw it,and i've been in love with Ed Wood movies ever since.
                            Miss Illusion

Comment

i saw the film when i was just a girl, saw it again recently with my son who came home from college (he's studying to be a movie producer/director)
                              the film was awful, but silly. it was a shame that actually ed wood thought it was so wonderful. i told my son, you ever produce any films like that, i'll deny knowing you to the public!!!
                              the part where old bela left his house then you heard him scream as he was "supposedly" hit by a car. off screen...oh i laughed so damn hard!

Comment

Working...
                              X