No announcement yet.

The Best Vincent Price Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite is truly The Last Man on Earth. The best adaption to a kick-arse book. However, I'm not sure it's his best performance.

That's way harder to judge, and I'm not sure that I may quickly come up with an answer...
    FULCI LIVES

Comment

Im one of those fans that sees something great in everything that Vincent Price has done, where as maybe its not his best performances, im partial to Witchfinder general and Diary of a Madman. Two of my favorites!!!

Comment

House On Haunted Hill

Comment

Vinny's best was definitely House on Haunted Hill.
          Listen to them! Children of the night! What music they make!

Comment

Happy Birthday Vincent Price! Born on this day in 1911

Comment

Happy Birthday!

House of Wax is my favorite by Mr. Price.

Comment

Happy birthday!

Frederick Loren in House on Haunted Hill and Prince Prospero in The Masque of the Red Death are two of my favorite roles by him.

Comment

...as John Carnby.

Price and Cushing have back to back birthdays.
                  Last edited by VampressTristine; 05-27-2013, 05:03 AM.

Comment

The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Last Man On Earth

Both get Price out of the cravat and smoking jacket of his period horror--which is refreshing.

I do enjoy the Roger Corman treatments of E. A. Poe's works. Price was great in those.

Comment

• Christopher Lee celebrates a birthday today as well, I couldn't find a thread devoted to him though and I was too lazy to start one

Comment

• Dr. Phibes is hands down my favorite, but his best performance is more than likely The Witchfinder General if I try to look at it objectively. =)

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                        Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                        Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                        Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

• Watched Madhouse the other day and he was great in that. Only watched a couple of his films and Madhouse is my favorite. Followed closely by The Bat, then The Last Man on Earth and House on Haunted Hill tied for third place.

Comment

• Edward Lionheart......Theatre of Blood

Price never really thought that much of his acting talents, but in this film he does Shakespeare, and damned well at that. His brief moment as a sexton while he attends/buries a victim is so well done that I didn't recognize him at first.

Comment

• Classic horror movies of the 1960s - context and commentary on Psycho, The ... the drive-in teen audiences of the 1950s were growing up, and becoming wise ...

Comment

• Either Diary of a Madman or The Masque of the Red Death. Really he doesn't have any bad performances. My all time favorite Vincent Price movie is The Last Man on Earth. I try to watch it every October.
                                Last edited by Art School Dropout; 06-06-2014, 02:41 PM.
                                "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                                X