Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
    Blob remake thread was epic, like 500 posts an hour for a week or something

Haven't heard anything lately, hoefully the project just fades away.
    Last I read he's still doing it. Keep that hope alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
      Last I read he's still doing it. Keep that hope alive.
      Yeah, if they push it to the side, we'll never get to see this!

1. John Wick (2014)
      2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
      3. Escape from New York (1981)
      4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
      5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
      6. Vigilante (1983)
      7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
      8. Over the Edge (1979)
      9. Inherent Vice (2014)
      10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Comment

Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
        Get the original and the remake. They're both awesome.
        will look into it. spanx

Comment

Originally posted by tymishu78 View Post

that cracks me up everytime i see it.

Comment

Just before it attacks..

Do you small something?

*sniff* No? Like what?

It's smells like... tutti fruiti or something?

Wait, yeah, but.it smalls more like.... tutti fucking fruiti *AAAHHHHH*
            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
            Garbage Special
            Cardigans My Favorite Game
            Living Colour Cult of Personality
            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
            Sasha D Russian Girls
            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

That was actually one of the better scenes in the movie...without Spaulding, of course.

That's fuckin hilarious Could you imagine that in the remake??

Touch me and he dies. If you're not in the air in 30 seconds he dies. Come back and he dies.

Comment

I don't really care let Rob zombie do the blob remake.I didn't mind the 80s blob never seen the old one.
                sigpic IT's Over9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scanners View Post
                  I don't really care let Rob zombie do the blob remake.I didn't mind the 80s blob never seen the old one.
                  The original is great. Check it out some time.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

What's all this hate for the original Blob? Granted, it wasn't a big-budget effects laden super colossal extravaganza, but it had charm and some good moments. At least it was aware of its cheesiness. It was better than the remake despite the amped up effects (Kevin Dillon killed that movie dead), and it handled the humor in a way that didn't detract from the scares. The remake, despite some good gruesomeness failed because it couldn't balance out the funnies with the scares. The original did that very well.

The remake would have been much more effective if it had been darker and not played for laughs. It also failed because it was too much of a teens-in-peril 80's style horror movie. If RZ can make his really dark and relentless, if he can create a kind of creeping horror without putting his tongue in his cheek, then he'll have a winner.
                    Last edited by Jack the Pin; 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Ahhhh face pack spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                        What's all this hate for the original Blob? Granted, it wasn't a big-budget effects laden super colossal extravaganza, but it had charm and some good moments. At least it was aware of its cheesiness. It was better than the remake despite the amped up effects (Kevin Dillon killed that movie dead), and it handled the humor in a way that didn't detract from the scares. The remake, despite some good gruesomeness failed because it couldn't balance out the funnies with the scares. The original did that very well.

The remake would have been much more effective if it had been darker and not played for laughs. It also failed because it was too much of a teens-in-peril 80's style horror movie. If RZ can make his really dark and relentless, if he can create a kind of creeping horror without putting his tongue in his cheek, then he'll have a winner.
                        I would really like to see the original (The Blob).

That and the Pods in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) and another '50s movie, Tarantula, starring a young new actor called Clint Eastwood and some rather large spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by romerogirl View Post
                          I would really like to see the original (The Blob).

That and the Pods in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) and another '50s movie, Tarantula, starring a young new actor called Clint Eastwood and some rather large spiders.

Love the original Blob. Check it out if you get the chance.

Tarantula and Invasion are 2 other really cool examples of the genre. Good choices.

Touch me and he dies. If you're not in the air in 30 seconds he dies. Come back and he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rook!Godzira! View Post
                            Love the original Blob. Check it out if you get the chance.

Tarantula and Invasion are 2 other really cool examples of the genre. Good choices.
                            Daft me, I forgot that Fiance and me watched the Invasion one already (last year). The first ever time I saw this I was about 8 years old and I couldn't sleep so went to find the babysitter...Pam. I couldn't believe she let me watch this! I thought this friend of Mum's was the best ever - "Can she babysit again?" haha

Definitely will see the other 2!

Thanks for the positive review Rook!Godzira!

Comment

The original Blob was a huge favorite of mine as a kid, but I must say that I'm more into the 80s one now. I really like the gory, graphic nature of it better than the original, but that big, sneaky blob of grape jelly in the 50s version will always have a place in my heart.

Comment

Always preferred the original. Has anyone seen Beware the blob (or son of blob, different names, same film) What a load of ass that was.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X