Die Monster Die (1965)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Monster Die (1965)

I just watched this one a couple of nights ago. It was fun. Boris Karloff is in it.
    -aspiring memetic engineer-

Though I liked Karloff in this - i was (as usual) dissapointed by another weak adaptation of a Lovecraft story..
    Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Ferox13 View Post
      Though I liked Karloff in this - i was (as usual) dissapointed by another weak adaptation of a Lovecraft story..
      Yep. Seems like they were hoping for a repeat of the Corman/Poe successes, which, compared to this piece of crap, look even better.
      READ ME AT horror films 101
      03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
      03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
      03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

I actually didn't think it was terrible. Kind of average really, but it's a great looking movie at least. I think it was just the second attempt at trying to adapt Lovecraft.

Comment

Originally posted by capkronos View Post
          I actually didn't think it was terrible. Kind of average really, but it's a great looking movie at least. I think it was just the second attempt at trying to adapt Lovecraft.
          Yeah the AIP version of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward is the only earlier one i can think of.

The Maze made in the 50's is very Lovecraftian (similar themes to The Lurking Fear/Innsmouth/Arthur Jermyn among others) though its not based on any particular story. Absurd but worth checking out.
          Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Ferox13 View Post
            Yeah the AIP version of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward is the only earlier one i can think of.

The Maze made in the 50's is very Lovecraftian (similar themes to The Lurking Fear/Innsmouth/Arthur Jermyn among others) though its not based on any particular story. Absurd but worth checking out.
            I've seen The Maze. I liked it. The ending is, uh, startling!

Comment

I love to watch this movie i love this horror flick
              Go Seeq Search Engines | mens health | cheap travel deals | discount electronics

Comment

For the Lovecraft fan, this movie was gravely lacking and sorely disappointing, as many Lovecraftian films are. For anyone outside the futile search of a befitting Lovecraftian adaptation, it's some good, hokey horror fun.

Comment

Could have been so much better...

This is a movie I could see a remake benefiting..

Comment

In 1965 the most horror movie was Die Monster Die which was coming from the the British title Monster of the Terror.And the film was directed by the famous director Daniel Haller.Here,A story is about the family of the American scientist when he visited his fiancee's family.This film is one of the most horror movie i ever seen in my life.I like the visualization and the effortless sound which create a fantastic image on our mind.Too Horror!!!
                    iedge card

Comment

I had found a comic book adaptation of this before I saw or even heard of the movie, which I though was pretty good, better than The Terror.

Comment

Working...
                      X