No announcement yet.

Favorite Classic Horror Actor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a tough call between Bela Lugosi or Vincent Price.
    Movies

MUSIC

Comment

Max Schreck,
      Dwight Frye,
      and Christopher Lee.
      [YOUTUBE]HwA1yNpcTwA&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Undoubtedly, Boris Karloff and Vincent Price are my favorites out of all the Classic Horror stars. I feel that these two in particular had the most charisma which is why they were able to portray so many different characters throughout their career.

However, that doesn't take away from the others whom had memorable parts in my favorite films.

Lon Chaney Sr. and Jr.
        Bela Lugosi
        Dwight Frye
        Christopher Lee
        Peter Cushing

Comment

Comment

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Everyone seems to be putting the classic Universal and Hammer rosters, so I thought I'd post a few of the unsung heroes of the classic age.

Ernest Thesiger who played Dr. Pretorius in Bride of Frankenstein (1935) Creepy as hell and probably the most interesting character in the film.

Herbert Lom Probably not the most memorable Phantom of the Opera (1961) but definitely worth noting. Also played Captain Nemo in Mysterious Island (1962) and Abraham Von Helsing in Count Dracula (1970) alongside Christopher Lee.

Rex Reason and Jeff Morrow were amazing to watch in This Island Earth (1955) and The Creature Walks Among Us (1956)

Basil Rathbone
              is awesome in Son of Frankenstein (1937) Tower of London (1939) and The Black Cat (1941)

John Carradine
              did too many to mention Bride of Frankenstein (1935) Revenge of the Zombies (1943) The Invisible Man's Revenge (1944) The Mummy's Tomb (1944) House of Frankenstein (1944) and House of Dracula (1945) to name just a few

And finally let us not forget the memorable performance of Jack Palance in the made for TV movies The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1967) and Bram Stoker's Dracula (1973)

Man I'm all nerded out. I need a taco...
              Last edited by DAckMo666; 07-08-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Jack Nicklson and Robert Englund

Comment

It's gotta be Vincent Prince. ("She's so amusing...")

Comment

Lon Chaney Jr
                    Peter Cushing
                    Vincent Price

Comment

Peter Cushing #1
                      Vincent Price #2
                      Christopher Lee #3

Also:
                      Anthony Perkins
                      Lon Chaney, Jr.
                      Boris Karloff

Comment

Originally posted by St.Anger View Post
                        Jack Nicklson and Robert Englund
                        Wow. How young are you if you consider those guys 'classic'???
                        (and by 'classic', we're talking days of yore as opposed to more modern)

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                          Well, Nicholson was in THE TERROR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                            Thank you......

I guess Im getting old, but I cringe a little when somebody uses the term classic in the same sentence as Friday the 13th.
                            Not that theres anything wrong with Friday the 13th, but you get the idea.
                            Im not trying to be a dick and Im know the term classic is up for debate. But IMO, its hard for me to fit an actor with the term classic when 95% of the movies they've been in were color.

I know nobody said anything about Friday the 13th. I know neither of the actors mentioned were in Friday the 13th. It was just an example.
                            Movies

MUSIC

Comment

Vincent Price, but Karloff isn't too far behind.
                              Oh, the Horror!--Reviewing all decades and all sub-genres since 2008!

Comment

My favorite is Vincent Price. Most of my favorite classic horror flicks are starring Price. House on Haunted Hill, The Fly trilogy, the Dr. Phibes flicks and of course The Last Man on Earth.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X