SHEITAN- New French Horror...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHEITAN- New French Horror...

Trailer: Trailer (French w/ English subs...)

Synopsis:

Originally posted by twitchfilm
    Christmas Eve. In a Paris nightclub, Bart, Ladj and Thai meet two gorgeous girls, Eve and Yasmin. Drunk and out of control, Bart provokes a ruck. Pissed off, the barman smashes a bottle over his skull and kicks him out into the street. All three guys lust blatantly after Eve, who invites them and Yasmin to spend the weekend at her parents' place in the country.

They arrive at dawn, and are met by Joseph and Marie, the caretakers. Marie, hostile and heavily pregnant, is busy making a doll for Christmas. Without paying her too much attention, the gang visits a nearby hot spring, where Bart picks a fight with a group of local kids. A violent confrontation ensues. One of the bumpkins tears a clump of hair from Bart's head, before Joseph intervenes.

Clearly afraid of the sinister caretaker, the locals depart, cursing as they go.

Back at the house, our heroes eat a Christmas dinner of roasted goat. As night falls, their drunken discussion turns to sex, to evil, to the Devil. Joseph, increasingly unsettling, tells the horrible story of a peasant possessed by Satan and forced to impregnate his own sister. Their cursed child was born on Christmas Day. Our lads are too busy chatting up the girls to notice the diabolical trap closing slowly around them, while Marie finishes her strange doll with scraps of Bart's clothing and the tuft of his hair. Then all Hell breaks loose...

Combining anarchic knockabout comedy with nerve-shredding suspense, jet-black humour and gut-wrenching bloody horror, SHEITAN is the first feature from Kim Chapiron, a member of Kourtrajmé, a loose collective of vibrant, cutting-edge young French film makers championed by Vincent Cassel, who produces and stars as the demonic Joseph.
    Vincent Cassel appears to be perfectly cast in this as the maniacal Joseph...I'm really looking forward to seeing just how crazy he can be.

I've read that it has gotten some mixed reviews at some of its festival screenings, and I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to view it yet?
    Last edited by gore_grind; 08-17-2006, 08:08 AM.

Oh. I saw this from a friend's collection a few days ago. I should have borrowed it. But, I have so many things to do, that I can't watch another movie.
    You have to spit to see the shine!

Comment

Nice find...the French have been putting out some pretty good thriller/horror films lately, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for this one.

Comment

looking foward to this one...looks like it may have one of those "good plops" along the lines of imprint and the brood...
        http://www.myspace.com/mehemfilms

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mehem (d)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=5&id=mehem (v)

http://cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.a...C+title%5Fitem

Comment

Interesting. It seems pretty good . . . I'd like to see this one. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mehem
            looking foward to this one...looks like it may have one of those "good plops" along the lines of imprint and the brood...
            Hahaha...you sick bastard.

"Good plop." I have to remember that one...

Comment

looks like another movie without any story to me...

god it's so disturbing, weird dolls.... ouhhhh... come on!
              "I'm a thief and a shit-kicker.. and I want to be famous!" (Female Trouble)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=poumpinedvd

Comment

Just finished watching Sheitan and I'm not really sure how I feel about it, it was better than I expected, but still a disappointment. The characters suck, there is virtually no story, but it does a pretty good job of making you feel uncomfortable. It's kind of like The Ordeal for a younger audience, so if you enjoyed that, Sheitan might be worth checking out... allthough The Ordeal is much better. Vincent Cassell makes a pretty entertaining psycho, he's funny and kind of creepy, but unfortunatly never really feels like much of a threat, he's actually the most likeable character in the movie. Fans of french horror might enjoy Sheitan, but those of you looking for a gore fest with a high body count shouldn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyger
                  The characters suck, there is virtually no story, but it does a pretty good job of making you feel uncomfortable. It's kind of like The Ordeal for a younger audience, so if you enjoyed that, Sheitan might be worth checking out... allthough The Ordeal is much better. Vincent Cassell makes a pretty entertaining psycho, he's funny and kind of creepy, but unfortunatly never really feels like much of a threat, he's actually the most likeable character in the movie. Fans of french horror might enjoy Sheitan, but those of you looking for a gore fest with a high body count shouldn't bother.
                  I actually saw this about a month ago, and I completely agree...

There was bascially nothing going on in the film of any consequence except the rediculous antics of Cassell's character, Joseph. It almost seemed as if he belonged in an entirely different film...

Comment

Certainly an interesting looking poster. I'll give it a shot.
                    Fiber > monsters

Comment

Shit-an

I saw this movie yesterday night, the movie start very good, but later than 20-30 min, the movie history change, is totally boring , the history sucks, i was expected very much, the first 30 min remember me good movies, but the movie really sucks. 4/10 the 4 for the first 30 minutes.
                      ..................................sigpic

They Fuked With The Wrong Mexican!!!!!!!!!!

My NEW DVD Collection

Comment

Tex Massacre's DVD pick of the week over The Descent.
                        Impressive.
                        Not the greatest reviews on this thread though.
                        Cat in the Brain: ***
                        Jack Brooks Monster Slayer: ***
                        Into the Wild: ****
                        Observe and Report: **
                        Vampyr (1931): ****

Comment

Sheitan rocks! Fortunately, I managed to see this film on the big screen at the Toronto Film Fest TWICE. That's right, I went back and paid $20 to see it again. Why? Because it was so much fun to watch - very juvenile, punk, twisted, and just all around entertaining. I'll be picking up the DVD sometime next week along with The Descent.

Comment

OK so I just got done watching this movie and it was really good. Everyone should check it out.

However, some parts were really confusing: (spoilers)

- So what exactly was the deal with Joseph and the fucked up family? I know Joseph had sex with his sister to make the evil child and stuff but what was Eve and the other wierd looking boys doing with him?

- Were Joseph and his sister Eve's parents?

- At the end, Joseph gets nailed by the car yet he's fine the next time we see him.

- Why did the black dude get so pissed at the other guy and make him get out of the car?

- What happened to Yasmin?

Even with all confusing stuff it was still a good movie. Those questions were just bugging me.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyTsk8er78 View Post
                              - What happened to Yasmin?
                              HAhA!! That reminded me of something funny. Someone at the Toronto Film Fest asked the director the exact same question - without missing a beat he replied:

"I don't know, I don't care!"

I suppose it's fun trying to figure out wtf all of it meant and how this and that happened, but in the end I really didn't care. It's such a smooth care free ride that it just didn't matter. Fine, I'll be a little bit more detailed:

they were all whacked out of their minds, thee end.

Comment

Working...
                              X