Eyes without a Face

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes without a Face

If you have seen the 1959 French film: Les Yeux sans Visage / Eyes without a Face aka. Horror Chamber of Doctor Faustus (US release title), you are sure to find the subject of facial transplants a fascinating and rewarding new hobby.
    And if you have not yet, pull up those sagging wrinkles in behind-the-ear clamps and run to the video store and rent it.
    If you could have your face transplanted with someone else's, whose would you like to wear?

Originally posted by FangsForTheMemories
    If you have seen the 1959 French film: Les Yeux sans Visage / Eyes without a Face aka. Horror Chamber of Doctor Faustus (US release title), you are sure to find the subject of facial transplants a fascinating and rewarding new hobby.
    And if you have not yet, pull up those sagging wrinkles in behind-the-ear clamps and run to the video store and rent it.
    If you could have your face transplanted with someone else's, whose would you like to wear?

Catherine Denuves'

Comment

hmm...Jesus.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

I have it and yet to watch it, although if I could have some one elses face, I think I would choose no one, i am happy with who i am, plsu i am a good looking guy, thats not be confident as much as its true.

Comment

I think it is one of the best "Classic Horrors"
          On the Criterion Collection version check out the short doc on butchering and meat.

Comment

I just finished watching this, and I was really impressed. It's a great story, and well deserves its place amongst the classics of horror. You gotta love the "back-alley" face surgeries and dog maulings, it's like an episode of Nip/Tuck.

Eyes Without a Face, 4/5.

The DVD Collection

Comment

Solid, Solid film. Must have shocked the hell out of everyone the time it was released.

Comment

One of the greatest films I've ever seen. Now if someone would get off their ass and get around to releasing Franju's JUDEX on DVD, I'd be much obliged.
                www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com

HELP FUND OUR FEATURE FILM!!!

Comment

Loved this.. a very haunting, beautiful movie. The face transplant scene did me make wince. I wonder how audiences of the time would have reacted.

The ending was surprisingly good, not taking the usual route of most hollywood films, but still delivered in a satisfying way.

Comment

Working...
                  X