Bloody Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
    I can't really justify spending 100 dollars on a burner to trade other people for other movies. Sure, it would probably be like paying 100 dollars for a lot of high priced and rare shit, but...it's a mental block.

You can please me.
    So don't spend a $100 and get a cheap one for $30 at newegg.com like i did and i've never had any problems.

It's good to know that you can be pleased, even though it's very hard.
    My DVD List
    Sig made by slasherman
    My Wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
      So don't spend a $100 and get a cheap one for $30 at newegg.com like i did and i've never had any problems.

It's good to know that you can be pleased, even though it's very hard.
      Link?

You just need to use your mouth...I mean mind.

Comment

Link?

You just need to use your mouth...I mean mind.
        Lazy ass.
        Here are some burners in the $25-$50 range.
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&SubCategory=5

The one i've got is similar to this.
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16827101003R

Pleased now?
        My DVD List
        Sig made by slasherman
        My Wishlist

Comment

The one i've got is similar to this.
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16827101003R
          Is it relatively easy to use? Like, take me through a simple rundown of the burning process.
          Pleased now?
          Maybe.

Comment

Is it relatively easy to use? Like, take me through a simple rundown of the burning process.

Maybe.
            1)You put the dvd into the burner
            2)You rip it to the hd with a ripping program (Don't worry there are free ones)
            3)Burn the files from your hd to the dvd with a burning program (again there are free ones)

Complicated:If a dvd is over 4.35GB which cannot fit on a regular dvdr you'll have to:

Shrink or compress using the program you want.You can get dvdshrink for free which does the trick and is very easy to use.

If you do get a burner i will definately help you out with the process.
            My DVD List
            Sig made by slasherman
            My Wishlist

Comment

1)You put the dvd into the burner
              2)You rip it to the hd with a ripping program (Don't worry there are free ones)
              3)Burn the files from your hd to the dvd with a burning program (again there are free ones)

Complicated:If a dvd is over 4.35GB which cannot fit on a regular dvdr you'll have to:

Shrink or compress using the program you want.You can get dvdshrink for free which does the trick and is very easy to use.

If you do get a burner i will definately help you out with the process.
              Okay, so I'd need a ripping program, a burning program, and the burner. That's it for a normal, under 4.35BG burning?

How often does it go over 4.35GB? How long does a burn usually take?(longer than a CD burn I'd imagine)

Comment

Okay, so I'd need a ripping program, a burning program, and the burner. That's it for a normal, under 4.35BG burning?

How often does it go over 4.35GB? How long does a burn usually take?(longer than a CD burn I'd imagine)
                If you get a burner i'll give you the links to the programs you'll need.If your copying a dvdr than you won't need to compress but if you have a retail dvd that is over 4.35 than you'll need to compress so it'll fit on a dvdr.

To rip it to the hd it takes me about 10mins and to burn it takes about 8mins at 8x speed, which i recommend cause there is less chance of error.

To compress a dvd with dvdshrink it takes sometimes up to 2 and a half hours.You can usually tell if a retail dvd is over 4.35GB if it has a lot of audio track like DTS or has a lot of special features.
                My DVD List
                Sig made by slasherman
                My Wishlist

Comment

If you get a burner i'll give you the links to the programs you'll need.If your copying a dvdr than you won't need to compress but if you have a retail dvd that is over 4.35 than you'll need to compress so it'll fit on a dvdr.

To rip it to the hd it takes me about 10mins and to burn it takes about 8mins at 8x speed, which i recommend cause there is less chance of error.

To compress a dvd with dvdshrink it takes sometimes up to 2 and a half hours.You can usually tell if a retail dvd is over 4.35GB if it has a lot of audio track like DTS or has a lot of special features.
                  It all sounds simple...perhaps too simple. Compressing a DVD's contents doesn't change much else does it, if anything at all?

The problem I have with DVD trading is the lack of official artwork(I'm a DVD collector, not just a movie watcher) and it being illegal.

Comment

It all sounds simple...perhaps too simple. Compressing a DVD's contents doesn't change much else does it, if anything at all?

The problem I have with DVD trading is the lack of official artwork(I'm a DVD collector, not just a movie watcher) and it being illegal.
                    It does change the quality, Sometimes noticeable sometimes not.And you have to beware cause sometimes people do remove audio tracks and special features.

Than the i'd say the trading game isn't for you unless you print covers from online which is exspensive due to print cartridges.I am also a collector but only buy the dvds of movies i love and wanna support.
                    My DVD List
                    Sig made by slasherman
                    My Wishlist

Comment

It does change the quality, Sometimes noticeable sometimes not.And you have to beware cause sometimes people do remove audio tracks and special features.

Than the i'd say the trading game isn't for you unless you print covers from online which is exspensive due to print cartridges.I am also a collector but only buy the dvds of movies i love and wanna support.
                      I guess getting these free-ish DVDRs of 30-50 dollar movies would help me decide if they were worth it, rather than buying it for a large amount and disliking it. I could also get some movies on DVD to play elsewhere besides my computer...(DVDRs are region free, right?)...because I don't like watching movies on my computer.

Comment

I guess getting these free-ish DVDRs of 30-50 dollar movies would help me decide if they were worth it, rather than buying it for a large amount and disliking it. I could also get some movies on DVD to play elsewhere besides my computer...(DVDRs are region free, right?)...because I don't like watching movies on my computer.
                        Usually when you rip them it takes the region protection off making em region free. I cannot watch a movie on a pc, It takes away from the movie probably cause i'm on a 15 inch screen.And for the record they're not free-ish cause you've gotta buy blank dvdrs which costs some $.
                        My DVD List
                        Sig made by slasherman
                        My Wishlist

Comment

Usually when you rip them it takes the region protection off making em region free. I cannot watch a movie on a pc, It takes away from the movie probably cause i'm on a 15 inch screen.And for the record they're not free-ish cause you've gotta buy blank dvdrs which costs some $.
                          Well...Buying 50 DVDRs for 30 bucks rather than one DVD for 30 bucks is pretty free-ish.

Now it sounds like you're talking me out of it.

Comment

Well...Buying 50 DVDRs for 30 bucks rather than one DVD for 30 bucks is pretty free-ish.

Now it sounds like you're talking me out of it.
                            No, i just want to give you the most info before you go out and buy a burner.And i've never thought of it like that, but you're right.
                            My DVD List
                            Sig made by slasherman
                            My Wishlist

Comment

No, i just want to give you the most info before you go out and buy a burner.And i've never thought of it like that, but you're right.
                              Okay, so, I need a burner, a burning program, a ripping program, DVDRs, and DVDshrink...anything else?

All that is free except the burner and DVDRs, right?

What are the best DVDRs?

Comment

Here is another review with pictures from Hysteria-Lives:
                                http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hyst...oody_moon.html

Comment

Working...
                                X