Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloody Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bloody Moon

    It's from 1981, it's bloody, it's not based on the moon. Anybody seen it? I have not. I'm assuming it is bloody. I know a knife goes through a lady's nip nip though.

  • #2
    Never even heard of it. Sorry, just couldnt let this thread not have a response.

    ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
    +26 Trader

    Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

    Comment


    • #3
      Bloody Moon

      DVD released: 2003
      Approximate running time: 90 minutes
      Aspect ratio: 1.33:1
      Rating: NR
      Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo
      DVD Release: Shock
      Region Coding: Region 0 PAL
      Retail Price: $24.95




      Reviewed by:
      Robert Monell on March 24, 2003


      This 1980 German financed mad-slasher-kills-a-shitload-of-teens entry was made when disco dancing and gory body-count horror films like HALLOWEEN, FRIDAY THE 13TH, DRESSED TO KILL were the rage. It's almost a time capsule of that era and, as such, plays as a dated curiosity. The fact that it's directed by Euro-sleaze king Jess Franco adds to this product's overwhelming sense of jaded cynicism. Why would Franco want to copy John Carpenter as he does in the pre-credits sequence where where we get a POV sequence through the eyes of a mask worn by the killer as he stalks a female victim? Then he disembowels her with scissors in cabin #13. But, if Franco is winking at films like HALLOWEEN and FRIDAY THE 13th, he's also out to make a bankable product while squeezing in as many personal touches given the script, budget and demands of the market. Of course, the FRIDAY THE 13th franchise owed much to Mario Bava's 1971 template, TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE, and the infamous beheading by circular saw which Franco serves up here was "quoted" in MATADOR, another outrageous film by a groundbreaking Spanish iconoclast.


      full article at DVD maniacs









      I have never seen this film but it looks rather interesting. http://pages.cthome.net/puppylove/bloodymoon.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Horrorholic View Post
        Never even heard of it. Sorry, just couldnt let this thread not have a response.
        You're so nice.
        Originally posted by licata1708 View Post
        Bloody Moon

        DVD released: 2003
        Approximate running time: 90 minutes
        Aspect ratio: 1.33:1
        Rating: NR
        Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo
        DVD Release: Shock
        Region Coding: Region 0 PAL
        Retail Price: $24.95




        Reviewed by:
        Robert Monell on March 24, 2003


        This 1980 German financed mad-slasher-kills-a-shitload-of-teens entry was made when disco dancing and gory body-count horror films like HALLOWEEN, FRIDAY THE 13TH, DRESSED TO KILL were the rage. It's almost a time capsule of that era and, as such, plays as a dated curiosity. The fact that it's directed by Euro-sleaze king Jess Franco adds to this product's overwhelming sense of jaded cynicism. Why would Franco want to copy John Carpenter as he does in the pre-credits sequence where where we get a POV sequence through the eyes of a mask worn by the killer as he stalks a female victim? Then he disembowels her with scissors in cabin #13. But, if Franco is winking at films like HALLOWEEN and FRIDAY THE 13th, he's also out to make a bankable product while squeezing in as many personal touches given the script, budget and demands of the market. Of course, the FRIDAY THE 13th franchise owed much to Mario Bava's 1971 template, TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE, and the infamous beheading by circular saw which Franco serves up here was "quoted" in MATADOR, another outrageous film by a groundbreaking Spanish iconoclast.


        full article at DVD maniacs









        I have never seen this film but it looks rather interesting. http://pages.cthome.net/puppylove/bloodymoon.html
        I'm definitely going to get it. Sounds like sex.

        Comment


        • #5
          Most Jesse Franco films are equatable to sex.
          With multiple partners.
          Never know what you're getting into.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's a slasher...so I must have it anyway.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's a slasher with heavy giallo influence- most noticeable at the end. That's all I'll say about that.

              I really liked this film, although I am an admitted Jess Francophile. This film has some wonderfully awkward lines of dialogue and a couple amusing disco scenes. And yes, this film is bloody.

              Comment


              • #8
                DIsco+Franco+early eighties horror=

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by licata1708 View Post
                  DIsco+Franco+early eighties horror=
                  Exactly!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was hesitant on picking this up in a trade but know i'll definately have to pick it up.
                    My DVD List
                    Sig made by slasherman
                    My Wishlist

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
                      I was hesitant on picking this up in a trade but know i'll definately have to pick it up.
                      Show off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                        Show off.
                        Well get a burner and i could hook you up.
                        How do you like my new av btw?
                        My DVD List
                        Sig made by slasherman
                        My Wishlist

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
                          Well get a burner and i could hook you up.
                          Easier said than done.
                          Originally posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
                          Well get a burner and i could hook you up.
                          How do you like my new av btw?
                          It's better than the one you had previously.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                            Easier said than done.

                            It's better than the one you had previously.
                            Is it the money issue or the fear of burning?


                            Can never please the Dobester.
                            My DVD List
                            Sig made by slasherman
                            My Wishlist

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
                              Is it the money issue or the fear of burning?


                              Can never please the Dobester.
                              I can't really justify spending 100 dollars on a burner to trade other people for other movies. Sure, it would probably be like paying 100 dollars for a lot of high priced and rare shit, but...it's a mental block.

                              You can please me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X