No announcement yet.

Cannibal Ferox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure this film doesn't hold a candel to Holocaust, but not many do. I really like the scene in here where the guy plucks the native's eye out w/ a knife.

Comment

There's something about the film and the savagery of the violence that overcomes its rather obvious shortcomings. This grew on me over the years like I said. Then again, so did D'Amato's Emmaneul And The Last Cannibals.

I've got the DVD and every once in a while I have my cannibal fest.

http://www.myspace.com/mrshape666

Comment

This one definitely didnt shock me as much as Holocaust. The only really disturbing part of Ferox is the tit hooks, like has been mentioned.

Comment

I wonder why White Zombie named their first album after this (the alternate title: Make Them Die Slowly)

Comment

i recently watched this for the first time, in my opinion its every bit as good as holocaust, i may have enjoyed it more. this is not a fair comparison as it has been months since i broke out my CH dvd. maybe its time for another watch. either way, i know i really enjoyed ferox.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Originally posted by silverscreenkid View Post
              I wonder why White Zombie named their first album after this (the alternate title: Make Them Die Slowly)
              MTDS is actually WZ's third album, Psycho Head Blow Out is they're first. They probably named it after the film because Rob is a mega huge horror fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                MTDS is actually WZ's third album, Psycho Head Blow Out is they're first. They probably named it after the film because Rob is a mega huge horror fan.
                ...and has so few ideas of his own.

Comment

how the F do you even pronounce 'Ferox'? Do you pronounce the X? I don't want to sound like a douche talking about it...
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Un Chien Andalou View Post
                    i just bought this yesterday and i havnt watched it yet. im a huge fan of cannibal holocaust so i figured id like it. what do you guys think about it? how does it compare to cannibal holocaust?
                    It's pretty much the same movie, but it's got more gore and animal violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mag, The View Post
                      how the F do you even pronounce 'Ferox'? Do you pronounce the X? I don't want to sound like a douche talking about it...
                      Giovanni Radice pronounces it "feer-ox".

Comment

Not as goof as Cannibal Holocaust but very intense nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                          Sure this film doesn't hold a candel to Holocaust, but not many do.
                          2 words :

... Jungle Holocaust.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

My Review of Cannibal Ferox

Art doesn't exist in this film. Lenzi thinks gratuitous, pointless and horrible gory violence can make up for such occasionally terrible acting and a ridiculous plot.

D+

Comment

Cheesy grindhouse trash.

But i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthropophagus View Post
                                My Review of Cannibal Ferox

Art doesn't exist in this film. Lenzi thinks gratuitous, pointless and horrible gory violence can make up for such occasionally terrible acting and a ridiculous plot.

D+
                                You were looking for "art" in an Italian cannibal flick?

Joke's on you, genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X