Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
    I didn't watch the remake. Never will.
    I say the same thing with many a remake, Shutter, The Eye, The Uninvited, The Grudge, One Missed Call... all have burned my eyes (its a matter of fact Hollywood cant recreate Asian horror nearly a quarter as good as they do over there) I'm actually with you on that I will never watch Spike Lee's Oldboy, nor this Audition remake. I just wont do it to myself I'd rather enjoy them as they were meant to be seen, thank you!

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
    2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
    3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
    4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
    5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
    6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
    7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
    8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
    9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
    10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

It was certainly no indie movie, it had a $30 million budget and made only $4.8 mil worldwide.

I didn't watch the remake. Never will.
      Huh. You're right.

That's just sad.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
        I say the same thing with many a remake, Shutter, The Eye, The Uninvited, The Grudge, One Missed Call... all have burned my eyes (its a matter of fact Hollywood cant recreate Asian horror nearly a quarter as good as they do over there) I'm actually with you on that I will never watch Spike Lee's Oldboy, nor this Audition remake. I just wont do it to myself I'd rather enjoy them as they were meant to be seen, thank you!
        I haven't seen any of those either, I'm not even curious. Remake-wise I don't mind if they try to retell a story from 30+ years ago but remaking recent foreign films just seems they are trying to make a buck off people who can't be bothered with subtitles.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
        Huh. You're right.

That's just sad.
        Must admit I thought the budget would be half that before I looked it up, they fucked up bad.

Comment

I haven't seen any of those either, I'm not even curious. Remake-wise I don't mind if they try to retell a story from 30+ years ago but remaking recent foreign films just seems they are trying to make a buck off people who can't be bothered with subtitles.
          All the remakes suck not even one hint of creepiness or eerieness that made any one of the originals of those movies I mentioned brilliant. They make even the worst Japanese horror look like fucking Shawshank. I used to be one of those people that hated subtitled movies (going back 10 years or so) that was back before I even knew what a good movie was

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
          2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
          3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
          4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
          5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
          6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
          7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
          8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
          9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
          10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment