Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian horror...my bout with my addiciton to crack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Italian horror...my bout with my addiciton to crack

    For about the last 4 months I have been really fascinated with these low budget, exploitive, shitty Italian gore flicks. What the fuck is wrong with me? I know they are bad, I know half of them are totally nonsensical, yet I can't stop watching them. I'm a moth attracted to the ever deadly flame. It's like I've been hypnotized by the magic of Fulci and Argento. The more terrible the film is, the more I can't resist watching it over and over again.

    It's like being addicted to crack, you know it's bad for you, but you fall powerless to it's allure.

    I get home from work and I seriously look forward to doing nothing but chilling with a 40oz of Beast and delving into the sleaziest of the old school sleaze. Anybody else feel themselves sucked into this shit, or am I just losing my ever loving mind?

  • #2
    I love these films too. [feeds your habit] I just saw Burial Ground aka Nights of Terror last night. There's a crazy Man-child in it that shouldn't be missed. Check it out if you haven't already.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BloodBath&Beyond
      I love these films too. [feeds your habit] I just saw Burial Ground aka Nights of Terror last night. There's a crazy Man-child in it that shouldn't be missed. Check it out if you haven't already.
      Seen it...reallized it was a shitty flick that catered to every poor taste I have....but liked it anyways. I almost feel like these films may be permanently damaging my mind, like a wild night partying with Wild Turky and a stranger's credit card, so I try to offset it by reading as many books as possible....

      Comment


      • #4
        I love crack. It makes you feel good inside and makes your heart stop. Italian horror is good too.

        <o>

        Thanks to brain dead for cleaning up my Boll Dogs logo.
        My DVD's

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
          Originally posted by BloodBath&Beyond
          I love these films too. [feeds your habit] I just saw Burial Ground aka Nights of Terror last night. There's a crazy Man-child in it that shouldn't be missed. Check it out if you haven't already.
          Seen it...reallized it was a shitty flick that catered to every poor taste I have....but liked it anyways. I almost feel like these films may be permanently damaging my mind, like a wild night partying with Wild Turky and a stranger's credit card, so I try to offset it by reading as many books as possible....
          aaa yes, a good example of all that is bad with movies, and yet, it calls out to us:

          his name is Peter Bark and he loves his mommy.


          Comment


          • #6


            Gotta love a 20 year old dude playing a 10 year old, who acts like a 5 year old... with a comb-over. I captured another picture, but not sure if I could post it, it's a bit raunchy and a spoiler as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              If we can't post raunchy photos that spoil a 28 year old movie on these forums, then I want to be banned. Or at least have the photo PMed to me.

              Back on point. You ARE a troubled man for watching and enjoying these films and I believe that most horror-heads go through these stages. For the past three weeks I have been going CRAZY with asian films. Every last fucking one I can get my hands on I watch, and this shit is usualy NOT good. All the Tomie's, Shutter, The Eye series, Bio-Zombie, Crazy Lips, Living Hell, A chinese ghost story, Close Encounters of a Spooky Kind, Shaolin vs Evil Dead. Although, I will say that when compared, I overall enjoy the feel of asian horror movies from back in the day over the italian ones. Exploitation is the perfect definition of what many of those Itialian horror directors were doing with their films.

              If you KNOW in your heart that it's BAD but you enjoy it, it's ok. It's when you think it's a GOOD film that there's a problem. If this starts happening, you come to us IMMEDIATELY. We will help you, we're your friends.
              Dear Forum Members : English motherfuckers, do you speak it?

              Comment


              • #8
                uhhh...


                this kid seriously loves his mom....

                gotta love his pants too

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GrimCalavera
                  Back on point. You ARE a troubled man for watching and enjoying these films and I believe that most horror-heads go through these stages. For the past three weeks I have been going CRAZY with asian films. Every last fucking one I can get my hands on I watch, and this shit is usualy NOT good. All the Tomie's, Shutter, The Eye series, Bio-Zombie, Crazy Lips, Living Hell, A chinese ghost story, Close Encounters of a Spooky Kind, Shaolin vs Evil Dead. Although, I will say that when compared, I overall enjoy the feel of asian horror movies from back in the day over the italian ones. Exploitation is the perfect definition of what many of those Itialian horror directors were doing with their films.

                  If you KNOW in your heart that it's BAD but you enjoy it, it's ok. It's when you think it's a GOOD film that there's a problem. If this starts happening, you come to us IMMEDIATELY. We will help you, we're your friends.
                  You're right, I am troubled.

                  I've always had tastes more twisted than a pretzel covered in the salt of the macabre, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just strange, and rather reassuring, that so many of us love our grade-A shit storms. I think many Asian films are going through a period of film making now that many companies over in Europe were going through in the 70s and late 80s......a sort of total disregard for pretensious film critics in favor of dirty fun. There's something appealing to me about that. It's like picking up sleazy chicks from a rundown bar for one night romp fests. You know it's wrong....you know you will never get anything truly meaningfull from the experience....but damn it's fun.

                  I'm glad you guys and gals got my back if I ever lapse into a catatonic state of permanent brain damage as a result of the nasty spectacle of Italian sleaze seeping through my optics, where I truly believe the bad to be good, and the good to be not as good as the bad.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by I am Legend

                    aaa yes, a good example of all that is bad with movies, and yet, it calls out to us:

                    his name is Peter Bark and he loves his mommy.


                    I feel it's utter shittyness calling out to me in the night. "Watch me...watch me...". Looks like I just found out where I will get my next hit....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nothing beats italian horror, i'm a addicted.. and I like it.
                      Infini-Tropolis.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've seen hardly any, apart from the odd few including Suspiria. Do you have any reccomendations?

                        I HAVE MADE A FILM!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomdd8UK-BY

                        My DVD collection
                        http://zombie-corpse.dvdaf.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zombie_corpse
                          I've seen hardly any, apart from the odd few including Suspiria. Do you have any reccomendations?
                          Anything from Argento and Fulci. Start out with a steady diet of zombie flicks, like {i]The Beyond[/i] and City of the Living Dead, then work your way through the giallos, like Don't Torture a Duckling and Cat in the Brain. You'll be addicted to Italian gore in no time.

                          For best brainwashing.....ummm I mean viewing......... watch these flicks back to back with toothpicks holding your eyelids open. Before you know it you'll be a certified splatterpunk, fiending for your next goregasm.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll look forward to it, thanks.

                            I HAVE MADE A FILM!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomdd8UK-BY

                            My DVD collection
                            http://zombie-corpse.dvdaf.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Throw in some Soavi (dellamorte dellamore,the church)and mario bava on top of that (black sunday,twitch of the death nerve,blood and black lace ect..) and your good to go..

                              Then your ready to trudge into the deapths of such italian sleaze maestro's of the macabre as .. joe d' amato,umberto lenzi,ruggero deodato,and lamberto bava..

                              Just remember.. zombies, gore and giallo's are your friend..
                              Infini-Tropolis.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X