Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES for the first time today, it was decent. Pretty middle of the road as far as to where it stands among my favorite Bava flicks.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• I watched LISA AND THE DEVIL today and it took a little while to sink in but it was pretty good. Definitely creepy with thick atmosphere and a good score. I'm interested to see what got changed around with HOUSE OF EXORCISM, I'll probably give that a watch within the next week.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• MY FAV FROM BAVA

Comment

• I have so much love for The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
          GOD DAMN NAM'S WHAT HAPPENED! GO GET ME A BEER, BITCH!

i'm pretty sure The Reverend Horton Heat is one of the best bands that has ever lived. Psychobilly is the shit, and Rev. puts on one of the best live shows in existence.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VARLA View Post
            I have so much love for The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
            Ah yes another classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by VARLA View Post
              I have so much love for The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
              Watched this again a few nights ago. Certainly a fantastic film. Pacing is PERFECT.

Comment

• Officaly watched my first Bava film last night, Danger: Diabolik! was an interesting ride. Definitely a little bit odd, but extremely entertaining and lavish; and by the end of the film i was almost totally absorbed. Worth a watch but definitely not a horror film, full of hilarious lines and awesome visuals.

I doubt i'll be able to forget about that Diabolik laughter any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by omega0s View Post
                  Officaly watched my first Bava film last night, Danger: Diabolik! was an interesting ride. Definitely a little bit odd, but extremely entertaining and lavish; and by the end of the film i was almost totally absorbed. Worth a watch but definitely not a horror film, full of hilarious lines and awesome visuals.

I doubt i'll be able to forget about that Diabolik laughter any time soon.
                  Expect to see awesome visuals in any of Bava's films. There are srill more I need to see, but so far Black Sunday and Kill, Baby...Kill! are my favorites.

Lisa and the Devil isn't all that good, but The Girl Who Knew Too Much is great!

Comment

• Twitch of the death nerve" although it was called "Bay of Blood" and that was a while back. I have to Netflix some of these titles.
                    Last edited by jsam; 12-20-2009, 12:22 PM.
                    Autobiography & Biography Book Review

Comment

• watched "Blood And Black Lace" yesterday for the first time and I'm still astonished of how good this film is

Comment

• I've only seen the following from Mario Bava:

1. Blood and Black Lace (1964)
                        2. Black Sunday (1960)
                        3. The Girl Who Knew Too Much (1963)
                        4. Kill Baby, Kill! (1966)
                        5. Planet of the Vampires (1965)

And I liked all of those to certain degree, with Blood and Black Lace being the best of the bunch. He truly has style, and I don't mind that he usually sacrifices acting and plot for unique and creepy atmosphere and stunning visuals.
                        Horrorfest 2013

This has nothing to do with where I came from, or what happened to me... I would've ended up here no matter what. I made a choice, I made a choice to provide a counterbalance to all those things that we hold good... and pure. You chose journalism, okay.

Comment

• I love Mario Bava tough to choose a fave but I went with Kill Baby Kill it was tough with Blood and Black Lace, Black Sunday and A Bay Of Blood close behind
                          "I'm gonna put something in you, make the devil feel surprised".-Mazzy Star

Comment

Working...
                          X