Suspiria (1977)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slasher Freak
    I think it is an Overrated Masterpiece. The score and color of the film are the best!!!
    Wait...what?

But like most of the other posters, I love Suspiria, great horror flick.
    sigpic

http://jbhorror.dvdaf.com/owned

Comment

One of the best horror flicks ever I must say! No matter how many times I watch it, I still jump from some of the scenes. The score is the best part of the movie IMO. I just got the 3 disc dvd and it fucking rules! Suspiria on 5.1 surround is the greatest thing ever!

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
        Using the word "overrated" is overrated.
        Here, here.
        "A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Comment

I think those calling this overrated are not watching it closely enough.

Watch the beginning whe we see Sarah at the window from outside, the vantage, the color, the movement...

Watch the scene with the blind man adn the dog how the camera controls the entire scene.

The use of Escher designs on the class walls, the hallway embroidered in red silk, and the stairway in crushed blue velvet.

Amazing movie with great dialog, never too much and never preachy.

Swimming pool scene is also great, the atmosphere profoundly effectual.

No, Suspiria is not overrated.

But according to UHM it was being remade way back in 2003 slated for release in 2005, so my guess is it has been shelved until further notice.
          KITTYSAFE.NET
          Facebook | Website
          | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak
            I think it is an Overrated Masterpiece. The score and color of the film are the best!!!
            This is coming from a jackass with Dolly Dearest in his sig. I cant believe you have the balls to sit here and say Suspiria is overrated, and have pictures from a gay movie like Dolly Dearest in your sig. The even funnier thing is, youre proud of it.

un. fucking. believable.

Its no secret to anyone on this site you have a taste for shit and nobody should ever take your opinion on movies seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kupotek
              Incidentally, I love how all the rooms are painted with Escher designs. The walls around the staircase appear papered in a Curelean blue of crushed velvet, hallways draped in red embroidered silk.
              that's my favorite aspect of this film...it's what makes it "special". without the amazing sets, i wouldn't like this movie nearly as much.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIDGE
                overrated are u kidding me its one of the best horrors of all time dude
                Dude, I know but you know me very well that Im very fucking open minded to see when a movie whether is good or bad is overrated.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Slasher, concerning your score of 0.5 of Ring Virus, have you seen Ring 0?
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website

Comment

11/10...one of the coolest horror movies ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIDGE
                      overrated are u kidding me its one of the best horrors of all time dude
                      ..nope dude

Comment

I didnt like i tthe first time I saw it, but it grew on me. Now I say it's one of the better horror films.

Comment

Originally posted by slasherman
                          ...I had high expectations on this movie.....I think it is overrated....6/10
                          I'd love to see some of your favourites...

Suspiria is absolutely perfect...It's my all time favourite horror film...I do think A Tale of Two Sisters is almost equal in every way save for the one edge Suspiria has...Replay value...Suspiria has tons...
                          Last edited by N2NOther; 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther

Suspiria is absolutely perfect...It's my all time favourite horror film...I do think A Tale of Two Sisters is almost equal in every way save for the one edge Suspiria has...Replay value...Suspiria has tons...

That's because Suspiria is forthright, there's no big mystery or hidden twist in the end. A Tale of Two Sisters is a much more intricately written story, for that I say it's a better story then Suspiria by light years. Suspiria has better directing though.
                            KITTYSAFE.NET
                            Facebook | Website

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther

Suspiria is absolutely perfect...It's my all time favourite horror film...
                              ..I can even mention two better Argento movies..."Tenebrae" and "Deep Red" .....

Comment

Originally posted by slasherman
                                ..I can even mention two better Argento movies..."Tenebrae" and "Deep Red" .....

Which doesn't suprise me considering they're gialli and your name is slasherman...But Suspiria is infinitely better...If all you care about is how the story works and less about the movie as a whole then I can see where you might be disappinted...But Suspira is a marvel to behold...

Comment

Working...
                                X