No announcement yet.

Suspiria (1977)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspiria is horror at its absolute finest. Argento's masterful direction coupled with Goblin's brilliant score meld together to form a psychadelic nightmare world of mystery and murder.
    The opening hanging kill in the film is one of the best deaths ever put on film. Only Argento can make something so horrible look so fuckin' beautiful...

Comment

i happen to have the 3 disc special edition.
      Countess of The Night

Comment

Im gonna try to finish watching it here shortly. Thus far Im finding myself a bit bored. Im diggin the score though.

Comment

There's some really brilliant camera work, attention to different vantage points, manipulation of distance, color, texture... great stuff, watch for it through the film.
          KITTYSAFE.NET
          Facebook | Website
          | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by lilblackcat
            i happen to have the 3 disc special edition.

me too, and deepdiscountdvd.com had a messed up price listing for about a week for it and i ended up stealing it away at a mere $7.19 with free shipping! oh and also the soundtrack is kickass to listen to on its own.
            http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=cluntdike10

Comment

does anyone know what kind of flowers are on the wall, the flowers she has to turn to activate the secret entrance? if i remember correctly they are red, blue, and yellow . . . but i really want to know what kind they were. thanks.

Comment

Gotta love Suspiria! The best of the best from Argento. The use of color has yet to be duplicated (though he came awful close with Inferno). Knowing that, it makes you wonder if he plans on making the third film with that same style. I hope so. It would be nice to see some awesome visuals that don't deal with CGI.

By the way, weareyesterday, the flower in question was an iris.
                What lives that does not live from the death of someone else?

I'll be in hell for breakfast.

Comment

thank you a lot monsterzero. that was bugging me.

Comment

Hey no sweat!

Thats what I am here for!
                    What lives that does not live from the death of someone else?

I'll be in hell for breakfast.

Comment

Suspira made me feel like a little kid again being told a really good ghost story, great shit! "Shes right there behind that sheet!"

www.redheadsteve.com

www.anti-square.com

Comment

It will always be one of my favorite Argento films. But I appreciate everything he's done from 'Deep Red' to his portion of 'Two Evil Eyes', including his oversight of Michele Soavi's 'The Church' and 'The Sect' (totally awesome flick, that one is). He started to slip somewhat with 'Trauma', however, and hasn't quite been up to his usual masterfull self anytime since. Hoping for a grand return with 'Mater Lachrymorum', his Third Mother film.
                        Last edited by thomasjarvis; 01-11-2006, 06:29 PM.
                        "A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Comment

I appreciate Suspiria as a technical and artistic acheivement, with it's excellent direction, awesome score, and surreal visuals, but plot and character wize it's totally lacking. the supernatural and giallo aspects totally don't jive at all in this movie. the characters are too weak and the "mystery" is lame, like in a kid's story. only this movie isn't for kids. In my opinion Suspiria is definitely good, but not great.
                          |Short Film|Horror Blog|Myspace|

Comment

Originally posted by pureevilmatt
                            I appreciate Suspiria as a technical and artistic acheivement, with it's excellent direction, awesome score, and surreal visuals, but plot and character wize it's totally lacking. the supernatural and giallo aspects totally don't jive at all in this movie. the characters are too weak and the "mystery" is lame, like in a kid's story. only this movie isn't for kids. In my opinion Suspiria is definitely good, but not great.
                            Condidering Snow White's influence on the film I would say that it kinda is a kid's story...

Comment

Originally posted by thomasjarvis
                              Michele Soavi's 'The Church' and 'The Sect' (totally awesome flick, that one is).
                              Have you seen Michele's Stage Fright? If you havent you should really check it out. Its a slasher movie. Its brutal, the story very original, and its very well made. It also has some nice suspence. Its one of the better slasher movies to come out of the 80's.

Comment

That's funny because I just rented Suspiria the other night, I have seen it several times but just never got around to buying it (which I soon plan to do). I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Suspiria has on of the best opening 15 minutes in all of horror cinema.

Comment

Working...
                                X