Suspiria (1977)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
    Ah, so you were just shittin' us with this. Gotta say, i found the above very entertaining Mogwai.
    Heheh, yeah, I was just taking the piss to stir some conversation about one of my absolute favourite films. I'm a bit of a cunt like that
    I still reckon that 'Suspiria' sounds like a sports drink or a deodarant!
    "Hey, I'm Tiger Woods, I blow the competition away on the course thanks to ...Suspiria, it takes the pressure off as I... win."
    Only fucking wit ya Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
      Heheh, yeah, I was just taking the piss to stir some conversation about one of my absolute favourite films. I'm a bit of a cunt like that
      I still reckon that 'Suspiria' sounds like a sports drink or a deodarant!
      "Hey, I'm Tiger Woods, I blow the competition away on the course thanks to ...Suspiria, it takes the pressure off as I... win."
      Only fucking wit ya Iggy
      If you really wanted to mess with me, you'd have made it LeBron James. I don't give a shit about Tiger Woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
        Sus... piria? Never heard of it mate, but thanks for the heads up, I'll put it on my list of horrors to avoid.
        Heh, I mean, "Suspiria" wtf is that supposed to even mean? I bet it's Japanese or something.
        Or it's the name of an energy drink. I can just imagine David Beckham promoting it; "After 90 minutes of sheer hell on the playing field, I find the best way to regain those precious carbohydrates back is to have a can of refreshing Suspiria. It rebuilds your body...fast".
        Suspiria! Proud sponsors of Eurowashout '12!
        I reckon the OP is taking the piss tbh. I would have heard of such a film. I mean I even know that there's a third Poltergeist and hardly anyone knows that, so I reckon he just made this film up.
        Fucking troll.
        People took this seriously

Comment

• Anyone watching this fantastic classic this Halloween season?

Comment

• No,I did not care for this film and I've tried to like it countless times.Yeah some of the colors and shots are cool but that's about all it has to me,well maybe a decent score.It's slow,boring and cheesy as hell.
            Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by WayOfTheHammer View Post
              People took this seriously
              I know, shocking isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                Anyone watching this fantastic classic this Halloween season?
                I will be

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Torrance View Post
                  No,I did not care for this film and I've tried to like it countless times.Yeah some of the colors and shots are cool but that's about all it has to me,well maybe a decent score.It's slow,boring and cheesy as hell.
                  Yeah, color me unimpressed too.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned, this is the 2nd best horror film of all time (edged out by The Thing). It also has the best theme music of any of them, including "Tubular Bells" and the Halloween theme.

That not a whole lot of the film makes much sense at all (e.g. a room filled with razor wire for no apparent reason) only makes it that much more effective as a "waking nightmare" sort of flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                      Yeah, color me unimpressed too.
                      This is why u got banned!! LMAO!!

Originally posted by Mr Torrance View Post
                      No,I did not care for this film and I've tried to like it countless times.Yeah some of the colors and shots are cool but that's about all it has to me,well maybe a decent score.It's slow,boring and cheesy as hell.
                      Oh my!!

Comment

• "Suspiria".......This is one of the best horror movies ever made. Dario Argento is a master horror director. The art direction in this movie is absolutely gorgeous. The deaths are shocking as hell. I felt sorry for the character of Sarah. But as always..when a good character knows too much or is suspicious..they get killed off. There is an interesting mix of characters...but there is also some laughable campy dialogue. The directing is great..and there are some awesome scares in the movie as well. The music score is eerie, haunting, and fantastic!! Wonderful cinematography, some great gore, a few standout performances(Tess Harper,Joan Bennett, and Alida Valli) and a chilling screenplay about witchcraft highlight the movie too...making Suspiria a top notch horror classic! Brilliant!

10/10

Comment

"Suspiria".......This is one of the best horror movies ever made. Dario Argento is a master horror director. The art direction in this movie is absolutely gorgeous. The deaths are shocking as hell. I felt sorry for the character of Sarah. But as always..when a good character knows too much or is suspicious..they get killed off. There is an interesting mix of characters...but there is also some laughable campy dialogue. The directing is great..and there are some awesome scares in the movie as well. The music score is eerie, haunting, and fantastic!! Wonderful cinematography, some great gore, a few standout performances(Tess Harper,Joan Bennett, and Alida Valli) and a chilling screenplay about witchcraft highlight the movie too...making Suspiria a top notch horror classic! Brilliant!

10/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

"Suspiria".......This is one of the best horror movies ever made. Dario Argento is a master horror director. The art direction in this movie is absolutely gorgeous. The deaths are shocking as hell. I felt sorry for the character of Sarah. But as always..when a good character knows too much or is suspicious..they get killed off. There is an interesting mix of characters...but there is also some laughable campy dialogue. The directing is great..and there are some awesome scares in the movie as well. The music score is eerie, haunting, and fantastic!! Wonderful cinematography, some great gore, a few standout performances(Tess Harper,Joan Bennett, and Alida Valli) and a chilling screenplay about witchcraft highlight the movie too...making Suspiria a top notch horror classic! Brilliant!

10/10

Cheers to you, well said...it is the best of the best, Argento at his best. It doesn't get to much better than Suspiria.

Comment

• I love "Suspiria," but for me it doesn't get better than "The Stendhal Syndrome." There is something simply amazing about that film. I've written about it in other places, but I think there is more to be written about it.
                              A Dead Friend

Melinda

The Last Picture Blog

Nothing Men: A Novel of Horror

Comment

Working...
                              X