No announcement yet.

Burial Ground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't get any better or worse than this low budget offering from the early 80s. Everything about the film is so inept it becomes surreal and mesmerizing. I always wondered how some of these filmmakers secured financing for these films, i'm sure the executives contemplated suicide when they saw the finished product concerning Burial Ground(aka Zombie 3:Nights of Terror), or at least fell into a deep dark depression.

Whats not to love about this film if you are enamored by horrendous but endearing cheap horror films. Amateur acting, terrible dubbing, low rent script, boobies, a beautiful countryside mansion setting, one dimensional characters you can't tell apart, save for the creepy adult playing a child and the Archeologist/doctor/scientist/slash friend of the Zombies dude.

It is striking though because some of the technical aspects, as evidenced by the remastered version are quite competent. The lighting is excellent, as is the makeup and gore fx( the lighting accentuates the zombie makeup in such an eerie way that it unsettles, at least concerning the newly zombified). You have to see the cleaned up version to truly appreciate it. The film also features some suspense and brilliant "action" scenes, about as brill as the budget will allow. Loved the scene where they set a zombie on fire, and the chase through the cemetery and mansion. The scene in the study where they were making a stand trying to hold back the undead was effective also.

This all culminates in one of the most bizarre and unsettling but in retrospect, fitting endings to any horror film you will ever see. I still cringe just thinking about it.

I highly recommend this film, it's a true classic of the genre.

ps- There is this guy who frequents my gym that looks exactly like Peter Bark, a somewhat older version that is. Same body frame, same out of proportion head, same facial features. It's quite distracting when he's around, i keep on thinking of this movie when i see him. i always thought of getting a picture of him somehow, you wouldn't believe the uncanny resemblance.

Here is Peter Bark's Myspace page, sorry if it's already been posted. The guy is almost 60, damn.

http://www.myspace.com/peterbark

Comment

This is in the same boat as Nightmare City, that it' so bad it's good .

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
        Haha..yep..so true. Both are complete entertaining cheese. I adore them both!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
          so true

Comment

I love this movie. My boyfriend got the Zombie Pack Vol. 2 (I think?) for me on Christmas and we were smitten with it. It's just so... weird. I love the cheese-tastic movies like this and I love the horrible dubbing . Peter Bark is the dude that plays the son, Michael. We're trying to get the Chiller Theatre convention to get him... which won't be easy since no one even knows where he is or if he's still alive. Hell, I'd be happy with anyone from the film. The chick who plays his mom is interviewed in the dvd extras and she barely even remembers half the stuff they shot, LOL. It's just an amazing cheesy film. "MOMMA."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVector View Post
              i'm sure the executives contemplated suicide when they saw the finished product concerning Burial Ground(aka Zombie 3:Nights of Terror), or at least fell into a deep dark depression.
              I dunno, I reckon in the screening they would have been thinking *Oh no...WTF is this?* during Michael's incestuous plays at his Mom, but when the infamous ending rolled around they would be all like $$$ and slapping the director on the back.

Comment

That really is one of the most hilarious/awesome endings ever.

Comment

I really want to see this but Netflix doesn't have it. Looks like I'll have to find it elsewhere.

Comment

A true classic. I still looooooooove this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                      A true classic. I still looooooooove this movie.
                      I dunno...sometimes it makes me even more depressed on a bad day and I wonder is this what my life has come to watching trash like this.

Comment

This is about as cheap and cheesy as it gets. The dubbed dialogue is funny as hell. That ending is classic. I love the way Italians do zombies, even if the makeup effects are sometimes cheap-looking. And those gorgeous Italian women..

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                          This is about as cheap and cheesy as it gets. The dubbed dialogue is funny as hell. That ending is classic. I love the way Italians do zombies, even if the makeup effects are sometimes cheap-looking. And those gorgeous Italian women..
                          Don't think I have ever seen this one... Maybe...

Comment

"Burial Ground"......I love this totally cheesy and classic zombie flick. Some good gore...over the top death scenes....atrocious dialogue....some good and horrible makeup effects...and a few shocking scenes make the movie entertaining. Not to mention a few sexy women and a few handsome men..especially the guy who plays "Mark". Karen Well as "Janet" was annoying as hell. The worst English dubbing/dialogue and the lamest character in the movie. I dont know why they didnt kill her off earlier..like before "Leslie's" death. At least the "Leslie" character was smart and a fighter. The incestuous mother/son duo played by Peter Bark and Mariangela Giordano stole the show. That "breast/nipple bite" is a shocker!! Yuck!! I will rate this cheesefest high..just because it is a classic zombie flick and because I love it!!

7/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                              Karen Well as "Janet" was annoying as hell. The worst English dubbing/dialogue and the lamest character in the movie. I dont know why they didnt kill her off earlier..
                              I love the way, after getting her foot caught in a trap she seems to be having an orgasm for the rest of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond View Post
                                I love the way, after getting her foot caught in a trap she seems to be having an orgasm for the rest of the movie.
                                lol it was funny and yet really maddening. I too wish that character was one of the first to go, despite her being the most beautiful looking out of the cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X