No announcement yet.

The Loved Ones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch this last night, and really wasn't in to it... at all. I'm just not into these kinds of films as I use to be.

The acting was decent and the film was shot well.

The tree scene really pissed me off. It seemed like they made the character make stupid decisions out of laziness from the filmmakers.

Mouthsturbation?

Comment

I'm eager to check this out as I've read nothing but positive reviews.

It was released theatrically in Aus last month but no one went to see it.

Comment

Great little horror film with some knock out performances. Robin McLeavy scared the shit out of me.

A must see for any horror fan.

Comment

I'm eager to see this movie. How gory and violent is it? I've read some reviews that said it was gory, but others have said the violence takes place off screen. I love a good film, but violence is very important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post
            I'm eager to see this movie. How gory and violent is it? I've read some reviews that said it was gory, but others have said the violence takes place off screen. I love a good film, but violence is very important to me.
            I understand where you're coming from. The violence in Loved Ones is very real and never gratuitous or over the top. Some of it does take place off screen but trust me the sound effects will have you wincing the entire time. It delivers the red stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
              I understand where you're coming from. The violence in Loved Ones is very real and never gratuitous or over the top. Some of it does take place off screen but trust me the sound effects will have you wincing the entire time. It delivers the red stuff.
              Cool thanks man.

I prefer my violence to be realistic rather then over the top gore. I think I'll have to check this one out sooner rather then later.

Comment

That movie looks really well made. Even from the photos that are up you can tell that they thought about all the angles and scenery. Looks nice.
                Arena Policeman: "What the hell is going on here?"
                Riley: Someone "Someone shot the little fat man."

Comment

Now what made this movie a right horror movie? Enter Casey Chambers 'Am I Not Pretty Enough' is a horrifying song on its own... o_0

Great movie though, with a bat shit crazy villain (gonna have to say my favourite female villain) that easily out performs Mick Taylor by far.
                  MovieGeek hit the nail on the head here...
                  The violence in Loved Ones is very real and never gratuitous or over the top. Some of it does take place off screen but trust me the sound effects will have you wincing the entire time. It delivers the red stuff.
                  Easily my one of my favourite home grown horror movies, along Razorback and Rogue... Looking forward to what Sean Byrne comes up with in the future. Silly trivia: He was an additional director on 'The Secret' 0_o
                  Also damn if only we had metal chicks in my area that were half as hot as Mia and wonder the significance of the razor blade necklace as Jamie was a metal head and Dime wore one in tribute to British Steel by Judas Priest or was it just because 'all' metal heads like to inflict self harm...
                  XBL - Zombie Dime
                  GTA V
                  Borderlands 2

Comment

just found this thread. totally watching this later.
                    where i work, it rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Comment

Watched this last night.

I didn't know what to expect and was very surprised at how good it is.

For an Australian film the production is of a high standard and if it wasn't for the accents you wouldn't even know you were watching an Aussie film.

The villain is completely bat shit crazy and one of the scariest screen killers to be seen in a while. She clearly eclipses Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek.

It's pretty gory/bloody as well and even though stuff does happen off screen things still get pretty messy. Things get pretty fucked up in this.

Can't wait to see what the writer/director of this does next.

Highly recommended.

8/10

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                        Watched this last night.

I didn't know what to expect and was very surprised at how good it is.

For an Australian film the production is of a high standard and if it wasn't for the accents you wouldn't even know you were watching an Aussie film.

The villain is completely bat shit crazy and one of the scariest screen killers to be seen in a while. She clearly eclipses Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek.

It's pretty gory/bloody as well and even though stuff does happen off screen things still get pretty messy. Things get pretty fucked up in this.

Can't wait to see what the writer/director of this does next.

Highly recommended.

8/10
                        Completely agreed. Mick Taylor is a pansy compared to Princess. She's what nightmare are made of.

Comment

Completely agreed. Mick Taylor is a pansy compared to Princess. She's what nightmare are made of.
                          She's a complete nutcase and the actress did a wonderful job playing her.

[SPOILER]Let's hope she didn't die. I'd love to see a sequel.[/SPOILER]

Comment

She's a complete nutcase and the actress did a wonderful job playing her.

[SPOILER]Let's hope she didn't die. I'd love to see a sequel.[/SPOILER]
                            I heard from a little birdie that...
                            [SPOILER]
                            They will be doing a prequel.
                            [/SPOILER]

Comment

I heard from a little birdie that...
                              [SPOILER]
                              They will be doing a prequel. So yes she is dead.
                              [/SPOILER]
                              [SPOILER]A prequel would work as she had a lot of victims.[/SPOILER]

Comment

[SPOILER]A prequel would work as she had a lot of victims.[/SPOILER]
                                [SPOILER]One of the few times I would actually support a prequel. Not a fan usually.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X