Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Loved Ones

You don't have to die to go to hell

Brent, a 17 year old student, still grieving for his father, declines an invitation to the school formal from Lola, the quietest girl in school. When Lola and her father kidnap Brent he must fight to survive the macabre celebration they have in store for him.

This movie got my attention like a month ago when it was announced here b/c the movie looks beautifully shot. When I saw photos for the film I instantly thought of "Otis". "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane" and "Wolf Creek" for also being an australian horror film. So, far I've read positive feedback so Iet's hope this one is an upcoming gem to heal the pain from American Cinema. This probably will end being picked up by a big company and released sometime next year. I wanna see a trailer already.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Sounds great, thanks for the heads up!!!

Comment

Australian horror is overtaking French horror. I especially like FEED and Storm Warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Lowe View Post
        Australian horror is overtaking French horror. I especially like FEED and Storm Warning.
        Oh, FEED is sick. STORM WARNING is surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Lowe View Post
          FEED is pretty damn good, for being flat out revolting. Have yet to see SW. Thanks for the info, this looks interesting....

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
            When I saw photos for the film I instantly thought of "Otis". "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane" and "Wolf Creek" for also being an australian horror film.
            How does it remind you of Wolf Creek, they seem nothing alike. Just because they are both Australian horror films, that doesn't make sense.

And when does this movie come out to dvd? How can I see this movie? It only seems to be appearing at festivals at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
              How does it remind you of Wolf Creek, they seem nothing alike. Just because they are both Australian horror films, that doesn't make sense.

And when does this movie come out to dvd? How can I see this movie? It only seems to be appearing at festivals at the moment.
              And because some exterior shots I've seen of the film.

Still no release date. Go to a festival.

Comment

And because some exterior shots I've seen of the film.

Still no release date. Go to a festival.
                I have really been wanting to see this for sometime now. None of the Festivals I have been to have showed it . But when talking to folks who have seen it they say its surprising, which doesnt tell me if its good or not..Sooooooo.....guess Ill have to wait.

Comment

The Loved Ones (2009)

has anyone seen this movie whats all the hype about my cousin is working with a client who is trying to get this movie released in australia she asked me to write up some horror movies ive seen so they can choose what rating it should has anyone seen this film yet

Comment

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...=The+Loved+one

Comment

*bump*

I wanna see this already.

Comment

*bump*

I wanna see this already.
                        So do I. I don't think it even has a release date yet. It looks really good. I especially like that image of the girl in the pink dress with the knife. Psychotic Australian bitch, lol. *no offence*

Comment

Some people have seen it so its out there I just need to find out where and when

Comment

Oh hell yes!!! Gimme this film!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s84-GlHulC4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s84-GlHulC4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Desperate to see this film! Not sure about the guy she's after though, he's irratating me already with his stupid hair and twatty indie looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X