TORSO (1973)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
    The dvd for this movie is sooooo expensive on Ebay. Any word on a re-release anytime soon.
    What are you talking about!? The movie was rereleased on dvd recently and it's cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Torso-Suzy-Ken...7522100&sr=1-1

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Aren't they two dvds,, one like shows more shit???

Comment

Originally posted by toxiejunkie View Post
        Aren't they two dvds,, one like shows more shit???
        I think so...

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

The UK one I posted a link to is fully uncut for the record. And even has a restored scene* missing from other prints. (*Not that important mind. ) Although some hardcore fans weren't happy with the tag-line used on the DVD cover "WHERE WHORES MEET SAWS!" I think it's brilliant myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond View Post
            The UK one I posted a link to is fully uncut for the record. And even has a restored scene* missing from other prints. (*Not that important mind. ) Although some hardcore fans weren't happy with the tag-line used on the DVD cover "WHERE WHORES MEET SAWS!" I think it's brilliant myself!

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME

Comment

I love this motherfucking movie.

Comment

In fact, I love this motherfucking movie so much that I have decided to watch it tonight. Unfortunately my copy is from some Scandinavian country... so the restored, undubbed parts are not subbed, only the English dub is available, and the only subs are Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and German. Oi vey.

Comment

Food for thought...

The motor pool used for the filming of Miraglia's THE RED QUEEN KILLS 7 TIMES was also used for TORSO. Same white VW Beetle, same orange Peugeot.

Kahrayzay

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                    Food for thought...

The motor pool used for the filming of Miraglia's THE RED QUEEN KILLS 7 TIMES was also used for TORSO. Same white VW Beetle, same orange Peugeot.

Kahrayzay
                    THE RED QUEEN KILLS 7 TIMES > TORSO

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                      Oh definitely. RED QUEEN is one of the best films in the giallo cycle, easily. TORSO, while it is a blast, is not quite as good.

Comment

I personally prefer Torso to Red Queen, but love them both. I also love Miraglia's The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave; very under-rated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                          Originally posted by Doc View Post
                          Oh definitely. RED QUEEN is one of the best films in the giallo cycle, easily. TORSO, while it is a blast, is not quite as good.
                          Yup

Originally posted by bizarre_eye View Post
                          I personally prefer Torso to Red Queen, but love them both. I also love Miraglia's The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave; very under-rated IMO.
                          I love all three, but for me it would be Red Queen>TNECOofG=WHYDTS? just slightly > Torso

It's all a matter of .005 really.
                          Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

Ok so I gave Torso a chance cause of all the hype and ultimatley it was overated. original plot and decent concept with a good soundtrack but....The plot turns really slow halfway. several deaths look really fake (come on, having your head hit by a car wud CRUSH it ) it becomes confusing to tell which charecter was who aswell 2.5/5

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                              Ok so I gave Torso a chance cause of all the hype and ultimatley it was overated. original plot and decent concept with a good soundtrack but....The plot turns really slow halfway. several deaths look really fake (come on, having your head hit by a car wud CRUSH it ) it becomes confusing to tell which charecter was who aswell 2.5/5
                              I'm really happy to see someone else talk sensibly about this movie. I had high hopes for this one, I'd heard a lot of great stuff about it, but it really was just pretty bad. The plotting of this movie was seriously GLACIAL. Almost nothing happens plotwise until we get to the end sequence of the film in the chateau. The movie isnt even shot in a particularly stylish manner. The conceit of the film, that the killer takes a saw to the bodies of his victims is only realized in the very last murder which is highly disappointing, as it's the only murder sequence that is inspired at all. Suzy Kendall is rather good in the film, but really, Sergio Martino is not at the top of his game in this one and this is not so much a gialli (as the mystery/intrigue aspect is minimal) and, as has been said already, more of a slasher, albeit a very unrefined one at that. It almost felt episodic in the worst sense of the word. One murder, then another, than another, then they leave town and hole up in the chateau for the end sequence. Its reputation is undeserved.
                              www.anappendage.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by therootsthatruin View Post
                                The conceit of the film, that the killer takes a saw to the bodies of his victims is only realized in the very last murder which is highly disappointing,
                                You can blame American distributors for that.
                                It's original title was "Carnal Violence"/"The Bodies Presented Traces of Carnal Violence"

I personally think the finale in the chateau is one the most suspenseful I've seen in a giallo thus far
                                Last edited by Beyond; 03-24-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X