Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Ring Virus

    It's the Korean version of The Ring. Anyone seen it and think it was better than Ringu?

    I own RV and am thinking of blind buying Ringu because I liked the story so much.

  • #2
    It's not very good...It incorporates ideas from both the film and the novel but it's a rather dull attempt at creating atmosphere...The TV climax is over in about 30 seconds which is funny considering how long the movie takes with just about everything else...If you liked this then you should love Ringu...

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah, everything is better executed in "ringu"... "ring virus" is but a pale copy...
      [XBOXLIVE]KenslerDK[/XBOXLIVE]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hyakotake
        yeah, everything is better executed in "ringu"... "ring virus" is but a pale copy...
        I haven't seen Ringu yet, but having seen Ring Virus I can't see that being hard. I'd prefer if they made a Ring video game just so we could get Uwe Boll's The Ring.
        <o>

        Thanks to brain dead for cleaning up my Boll Dogs logo.
        My DVD's

        Comment


        • #5
          if you want a ringu game it might be an idea to play F.E.A.R. on the pc... its fps mixed with "ringu" style horror ghost stuff... i havent played it yet, but ive seen a game trailer and it looks freaking sweet...
          [XBOXLIVE]KenslerDK[/XBOXLIVE]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hyakotake
            if you want a ringu game it might be an idea to play F.E.A.R. on the pc... its fps mixed with "ringu" style horror ghost stuff... i havent played it yet, but ive seen a game trailer and it looks freaking sweet...
            I was just trying to say I like Uwe Boll movies better than Ring Virus, but I do want to check out F.E.A.R.
            <o>

            Thanks to brain dead for cleaning up my Boll Dogs logo.
            My DVD's

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually there is a Ring video game...It came out for Dreamcast and was received much the same way as a Uwe Boll movie...Only a lot less fun...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by N2NOther
                Actually there is a Ring video game...It came out for Dreamcast and was received much the same way as a Uwe Boll movie...Only a lot less fun...
                ^^^^ speaking of video games, I was lookin through some images and came up with the cover for an Azumi ps2 game. You ever played that?


                www.redheadsteve.com

                www.anti-square.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  I love all the Ring movies except for The Ring 2 USA, which is very disappointing to me because it was directed by Hideo Nakata the original director of the japanese film 1 and 2, and Dark Water's original film.

                  Ring 0 is by far and away my favorite of the entire series though.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website
                  | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would only recommend it to total fanatics of the other films and book

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                      I would only recommend it to total fanatics of the other films and book
                      You know this thread is over 7 years old, right?


                      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yea but someone spat there dummy out when I started a topic on subconscious cruelty in the extreme section saying there already was one so I just guessed admin here had a thing for one topic per film, I was initially going to start a thread up on this film.
                        Now your suggesting don't comment on older topics... I give up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                          Yea but someone spat there dummy out when I started a topic on subconscious cruelty in the extreme section saying there already was one so I just guessed admin here had a thing for one topic per film, I was initially going to start a thread up on this film.
                          Now your suggesting don't comment on older topics... I give up.
                          I'm not saying you shouldn't comment on old topics, but when you post in two different threads about The Ring in one month, I honestly don't see what your point of posting about it again is.

                          Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                          I love the ringu and the remake is one of the best remakes I have ever seen!

                          On DVD I have brought ringu, ringu 2, ring 0: birthday, ring virus, rasen, the ring and the ring two .... I can't find the tv series anywhere though!

                          Its a shame sadako 3D was so shit so am praying ring 3 will be good!
                          Remember that?
                          Last edited by Se7en; 03-09-2013, 08:45 PM.


                          Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just post on what I see and what I like, I spend time reading through things and if I like the topic I post, in this case I was going to start a thread on virus not just comment but from the two threads I started in extreme on the pig fucking movie and subconscious one caused a problem... So I haven't bothered posting anymore topic starters.

                            Another thing is I have only been visiting here a while so am still scanning around and deciding if to stick around or not... And with all the "this member is banned" stuff I don't want to invest to much time yet until I have seen what the vibes are like.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                              I just post on what I see and what I like, I spend time reading through things and if I like the topic I post, in this case I was going to start a thread on virus not just comment but from the two threads I started in extreme on the pig fucking movie and subconscious one caused a problem... So I haven't bothered posting anymore topic starters.

                              Another thing is I have only been visiting here a while so am still scanning around and deciding if to stick around or not... And with all the "this member is banned" stuff I don't want to invest to much time yet until I have seen what the vibes are like.
                              This site's been pretty dead since last year, and posting in seven year old threads probably isn't going to get any responses.

                              Didn't mean to be a dick if that's what I came across as, just letting you know.
                              Last edited by Se7en; 03-09-2013, 10:07 PM.


                              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X