No announcement yet.

Maury and Bustillo's LIVID (LIVIDE) 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely loved Inside, so seeing this film is a must. Looks awesome!!!

Comment

Based upon the photos they've released so far, it looks pretty interesting.

Comment

I absolutely adore "Inside" and this looks really bloody brilliant (pun intended) some of these pics look beautifully shot
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stained57 View Post
          This sounds like another hit. Ms. Dalle picks her films very carefully. As you saw with Inside she goes at it full force.

Ill be waiting for it. Thanks for the information.
          She should try to choose a dentist as carefully. Good god that's a huge gap.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post

Shit, is this really her? A major downgrade of her looks back in the time, when Betty Blue was released...
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
              Shit, is this really her? A major downgrade of her looks back in the time, when Betty Blue was released...
              The mustache goes well with the gap though

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post

I don't think Dalle was ever meant to be sexy in the first place, in her roles I mean. She's way too "unique" looking for that. Slightly frightening, as well...
                sigpic "The dream you can't escape ALIVE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cause of Death View Post
                  I don't think Dalle was ever meant to be sexy in the first place, in her roles I mean. She's way too "unique" looking for that. Slightly frightening, as well...
                  I don't think that's even in question. She has a mustache and what looks like a picket fence made of chiclets in her mouth

Comment

I didn't even know Beatrice Dalle was meant to be attractive! She looks bloody scary in "Inside"! But, she's a great actress!

Comment

So I hear that The Weinstein's have bought Livid... Let's hope they don't sleep on it, like they did with Inside.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maury and Bustillo are a breath of fresh air to the horror genre. In my book, Inside is the best horror film of the decade, and the fact that they're turning down American remakes left and right makes me appreciate them even more. These two have shown more creative talent in one film than Alexandre Aja will likely show over his entire career.

Comment

from tiff-

LIVID (France; 2011) Full Q&A with Directors Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury TIFF

[youtube]VWiDcxurg9o[/youtube]

still no trailer yet. wtf.

edit:
                          TIFF Q&A with LIVID directors Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury, who premiered their sophomore effort at the festival Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011
                          should be some reviews soon.
                          Last edited by lucie with a gun; 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM.
                          [youtube]qCJEpFNxCOw[/youtube]

Comment

twitch review-

A radically different film than Inside, Livid plays as a sort of giallo influenced gothic fairytale. It's a movie of impulses and feelings more than logic, one that operates in a sort of dream state, and one packed to the gills with gorgeous visuals and interesting ideas. Unfortunately it also seems that once the energy had been spent creating and developing those ideas there wasn't quite enough left to properly construct characters or a story that would really drive them home.

full review.
                            [youtube]qCJEpFNxCOw[/youtube]

Comment

Here is my mini review of livid:

This movie threw me off because it is so different from what I was expecting based on Inside. This movie, while definitely having a couple of tense and gory moments, is closer to something like pan's labyrinth than it is to inside. The best way I could describe it is as a horror themed fairytale. The entire charm of the movie lies in the visuals. the cinematography is great and there is just a lot of bizzare and haunting imagery. it might disappoint those who like a coherent plot that makes sense or realism, but it was definitely my type of film so i enjoyed it.

Comment

These reviews and Mr.Disgusting's review has sort of crushed my hopes and dreams for "Livid". I'm not expecting some crazy gore film, but I was sort of expecting the same incredible tense atmosphere and suspense. Oh well, I'll definitely still see it on DVD (won't be on my cinema)

Comment

Working...
                                X