Maury and Bustillo's LIVID (LIVIDE) 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
    These reviews and Mr.Disgusting's review has sort of crushed my hopes and dreams for "Livid". I'm not expecting some crazy gore film, but I was sort of expecting the same incredible tense atmosphere and suspense. Oh well, I'll definitely still see it on DVD (won't be on my cinema)
    I'm actually looking foward to it MORE now that i've read these reviews. From early on I knew this thing was going to have a supernatural, dark fairy tale kind of tone, and I also knew it wasnt going to be a bloodbath like Inside. I'll take creepy, original and fairly bloody supernatural fare over straight up gore flicks any day (though I love them too, of course).
    sigpic "The dream you can't escape ALIVE!"

Comment

Originally posted by lucie with a gun View Post
      twitch review-

full review.
      Great review. Now I'm looking forward to this.

Comment

This film has changed my life, No Bullshit it has. I haven't been the same since i first seen martyrs almost 3 months ago. Its rare when a film this great comes along. Brutal,Scary and just down right shocking. The last 30 minutes broke my heart,It will make you terrified to ever answer your front door, And it will make you want to keep an extra eye on your children.
        Speedy Singhs Movie 2011
        U R My Jaan Movie

Comment

Originally posted by asimrana99 View Post
          This film has changed my life, No Bullshit it has. I haven't been the same since i first seen martyrs almost 3 months ago. Its rare when a film this great comes along. Brutal,Scary and just down right shocking. The last 30 minutes broke my heart,It will make you terrified to ever answer your front door, And it will make you want to keep an extra eye on your children.

This needs to get released on DVD right meow.

Comment

What's wrong with this movie? Promised much, but some reviews I've read say it's terrible.

Originally posted by asimrana99 View Post
            Wow. On the other hand, this person says that this movie changed his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
              What's wrong with this movie? Promised much, but some reviews I've read say it's terrible.

I think he meant Martyrs, can't be Livide...
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                I think he meant Martyrs, can't be Livide...
                You saw this movie? (Livide)

Comment

That kinda made me laugh a bit, too.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                    That kinda made me laugh a bit, too.

Comment

That pic of her floating in the air made me though. Looks so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                        That pic of her floating in the air made me though. Looks so awesome.
                        It is indeed. Very impressive. It was like .... What the fuck is this?

Comment

All these reviews stress the "dream-like" logic of Livid, and kinda put it down for that. Wait a minute, arent some of the greatest horror movies of all time mired in dream-logic? Phantasm, Suspiria, Fulci's Gates of Hell Trilogy, etc. I'm still as excited for Livid as I was when it was first announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Cause of Death View Post
                            All these reviews stress the "dream-like" logic of Livid, and kinda put it down for that. Wait a minute, arent some of the greatest horror movies of all time mired in dream-logic?
                            That fact is a turn-on for me, even without the gore of INSIDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                              That fact is a turn-on for me, even without the gore of INSIDE.

From what I understand it's still fairly bloody, just not as excessive as Inside.

Comment

Do you know what would be really awesome? Like... Totally insane??........

.... If they released a fucking trailer for this film!!

It's been reviewed loads and it's doing the rounds at film festivals, so what's taking so long??!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X