Maury and Bustillo's LIVID (LIVIDE) 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cratemonster View Post
    Any news on the release of this title for US/UK? I saw amazon.fr had a release date for May 3rd I think but could not tell if it had English subs.
    Most likely not, as almost every release from France.

Originally posted by ModelHomeInvasion View Post
    I feel like I've been waiting for this movie to come out for years now. The anticipation is killing me.
    I will catch that next week.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Finally catched this during a film estival over the weekend, here my compact review of it:

Livide
      Three young people want to trench a treasure of an old lady, who is in a coma for a very long time. Soon they discover, that there's no treasure in the creepy house...
      Finally I catched this! It was a very well-made, atmospheric horror film in the veins of haunted houses and spirits, who inhabit it. [SPOILER]The character of the entities, who chase down the poor burglars, are also pretty original,[/SPOILER] actually I didn't see those types anywhere at all. I wohleheartedly recommend it to fans of atmospheric and slowly build-up horror. The story is an ok one as well, prolly not so striking as "Insidious", but still very captivating.

8/10
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        Finally catched this during a film estival over the weekend, here my compact review of it:

Livide
        Three young people want to trench a treasure of an old lady, who is in a coma for a very long time. Soon they discover, that there's no treasure in the creepy house...
        Finally I catched this! It was a very well-made, atmospheric horror film in the veins of haunted houses and spirits, who inhabit it. [SPOILER]The character of the entities, who chase down the poor burglars, are also pretty original,[/SPOILER] actually I didn't see those types anywhere at all. I wohleheartedly recommend it to fans of atmospheric and slowly build-up horror. The story is an ok one as well, prolly not so striking as "Insidious", but still very captivating.

8/10
        How would you comapre it to Inside?
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
          How would you compare it to Inside?
          Totally different to Inside. Actually, tt has nothing to do with it at all. Livide has a totally different tone. Inside was pure exploitation of gratuitous violence. Livide isn't tame either, but the violence isn't the main focus. It's all about the atmosphere and the guessing, what really is going on. It remembered me sometimes watching Silent Hill, the used style of the imagery was very similiar.

Livide isn't complete new to the genre, maybe not a very memorable contribution as well, but surely not a one hit wonder or a blockbuster-like film, in which everything is pithy and obvious. Livide is calmer, I would even say sensitive too.
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Still sounds awesome to me. Definitely still want to see this when it comes available.
            sigpic

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender

Comment

Totally different to Inside. Actually, tt has nothing to do with it at all. Livide has a totally different tone. Inside was pure exploitation of gratuitous violence. Livide isn't tame either, but the violence isn't the main focus. It's all about the atmosphere and the guessing, what really is going on. It remembered me sometimes watching Silent Hill, the used style of the imagery was very similiar.

Livide isn't complete new to the genre, maybe not a very memorable contribution as well, but surely not a one hit wonder or a blockbuster-like film, in which everything is pithy and obvious. Livide is calmer, I would even say sensitive too.
              Sounds brilliant! I respect their new change from intense slasher to ominous ghost movie. I can't wait to see this.

Comment

This actually looks interesting. Inside was pure garbage.

Comment

Livide isn't tame either, but the violence isn't the main focus. It's all about the atmosphere and the guessing, what really is going on. It remembered me sometimes watching Silent Hill, the used style of the imagery was very similiar.

Livide is calmer, I would even say sensitive too.

Agreed. The film is like a horror story rather quiet, modest and simple I would say. Perhaps lacks a bit of pace but is a very good movie.

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                  Inside was pure garbage.

Pardon......
                  Last edited by Renacimiento; 05-06-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Just in from France:

I popped the disc in just to make sure it would play and I can confirm that it is region free and does have French DTS-HD MA 5.1 with English subs and the PQ looks solid to boot! I'll have a brief review up late Friday. I was planning to watch this tonight but my wife is taking the kids to see her mom this weekend so I'm saving it for Friday with HT cranked and lights off.
                    Last edited by cratemonster; 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Saw this a few nights ago. The first half is pretty routine, but the second half goes into wild supernatural territory and I totally lost track of what was going on. It's becomes a little like a fairytale version of horror. I have to say the movie looked very nice in the visual department, and the gore was well done too, though nowhere near as brutal as Inside. A solid watch, but just be prepared that the tone shifts entirely about halfway through and becomes almost a different movie.

Comment

Well I finally got to see this and I really liked it! Of course it isn't as good as Inside (what is?) but this just goes to show the duo's versitility to the genre. This shows that they're not one hit wonders and they can produce incredibly well made more subtle horror as well. The film looked very beautiful and I loved the whole story to the house etc. Fantastic!

8/10

Comment

Despite some flaws I enjoyed this movie as well and to me seemed kinda del toro inspired in some of its imagery and being somewhat of a dark fairytale.

I have faith in these filmmakers and the synopsis for their next film Among The living sounds very promising!

Three kids who decide to skip school in order to explore an abandoned amusement park catch site of a woman being dragged through a field by a masked man.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                            Despite some flaws I enjoyed this movie as well and to me seemed kinda del toro inspired in some of its imagery and being somewhat of a dark fairytale.

I have faith in these filmmakers and the synopsis for their next film Among The living sounds very promising!
                            Yes it did seem very Del Toro now you mention it. I'm also incredibly excited for Among the Living!!

Comment

I watched this movie because of this thread and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed watching it.

My favorite scene was when..
                              [SPOILER]
                              The trio are in the house and they come across the ballerina on the music box. A dead ballerina on a working farkin' music box. I love how demented and scary and intriguing that was, the way she'd move awkwardly and the guy just punched it out. What a visceral, real reaction![/SPOILER]

Not bad at all. I wish there was a little more connect at certain points, but otherwise it was a solid movie. As said before, not as great as Inside, but not bad at all!
                              "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

For anyone who is looking to find this on region-free bluray, diabolikdvd.com just got a handful of French import region-free blurays with English subs. only $25+shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X