REC Genesis + REC Apocalypse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REC Genesis + REC Apocalypse

Anyone else looking forward to these two upcoming sequels.

The synopsis for Genesis sounds pretty sweet.

"The action in REC: Genesis encompasses the events of the first two films and after the sense of claustrophobia previously experiences. The action now takes place miles away from the original location and partly in broad daylight giving the film an entirely fresh yet disturbing new reality. The infection has left the building. In a clever twist that draws together the plots of the first two movies this third part of the saga also works as a decoder to uncover information hidden in the first two films and leaves the door open for the final installment the future REC: Apocalypse."
    Discuss.

I dig the first two, so I'm pretty excited to see where they can take it.

Lazy titles, though.

Comment

I'm hoping they can live up to the first two.
      sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

Loved the first, but thought the second was pretty ho-hum. Willing to give them a chance though.

Comment

Kind of just wish they'd leave it alone. The first was excellent... and then the second pissed all over it.

Why take a good film and release sequel after sequel until there is nothing interesting left anymore and your once cool movie now becomes an embarrassing franchise? Who do they think they are an American film company?

Comment

I really liked the first, I'll be watching the second tonight but already I'm looking forward to these two.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
            2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
            3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
            4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
            5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
            6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
            7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
            8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
            9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
            10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

I have complete faith in both directors at this point. I'm not scared at all about being let down by the next two installments.

I'm hoping the movie comes out around summer time, though it'll probably come out towards the end of the year. Whatever the case may be, I need to watch this in the theatre just like I did with the first two.

Pretty sure this franchise is gonna be one of those where in twenty years time you'll be bragging about watching all of the movies at the theatre to the next generation of horror fans that'll go:"Oooooh, you lucky bastard!" And I'll be like:"Damn right, now kiss the ring." That reminds me, I need to buy a ring so people can kiss it and worship me.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                Anyone else looking forward to these two upcoming sequels.

The synopsis for Genesis sounds pretty sweet.

Discuss.
                You son of a Norwegian bobsled team, I was just gonna start a thread for these movies.

To answer your question though, I'm definitely looking forward to the next two installments. The first 2 are easily my favorite horror movies of the 2000s.

Originally posted by Celebrity Killing Spree View Post
                Kind of just wish they'd leave it alone. The first was excellent... and then the second pissed all over it.

Why take a good film and release sequel after sequel until there is nothing interesting left anymore and your once cool movie now becomes an embarrassing franchise? Who do they think they are an American film company?
                explain yourself sir. Yea, [rec] 2 didn't have the atmospheric creepiness that 1 did, but it in no way failed as a sequel, unless you were just expecting more of the same. It expanded on the first's mythology in a very satisfying way imo.

Originally posted by SYL View Post
                I have complete faith in both directors at this point. I'm not scared at all about being let down by the next two installments.
                Wholeheartedly agree.
                'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Love the first two, so I'll definitely be checking this out.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how the story goes once it's taken out of the building and into the daylight.

Definitely looking forward to these films.

Comment

Definitely looking forward to these. Saw the first a while back and thought it was great. Just watched part 2 tonight and loved it as well, except for some stuff at the end. It will be interesting to see how the infection reacts out in public.

Comment

Cool, can`t wait!

I really liked the first two!
                        Death Metal - DOOMED

Comment

I'm anxiously awaiting these next two installments, i felt part 2 was an improvement over the original, so the series seems to be getting better.

3 may divide the fans because it won't be action packed according to the description but it will be good to see how the infection originated and have that followed up with the infection spreading outside of the apartment building in Apocalypse.

All i know is, these guys can do no wrong at this point, these next two should be fantastic

Comment

Rec genesis is supposed to be a prequel right? so im guessing we'll see some more of the madeiros girl.

im definately looking forward to both of these! to bad they wont be in theatres over here.. but i will dl them as soon as possible

i found the first two by accident through BD and damn i was glad i did! it was the first movie in a long time that had me watching through my fingers

Comment

Posters for the new sequels

Comment

Working...
                              X