Zombie (1979)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got this one on dvd..but it would be cool to have the two disc version
    with all that extra stuff. hmm something tells me i need to buy a all region
    dvdplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordum View Post
      i got this one on dvd..but it would be cool to have the two disc version
      with all that extra stuff. hmm something tells me i need to buy a all region
      dvdplayer.
      The two disk version is either R1 or R0, I can't remember, so unless you're a bloody foreigner, you should be able to play it. OR you can just hack the DVD player you already have... Save yourself some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
        The two disk version is either R1 or R0, I can't remember, so unless you're a bloody foreigner, you should be able to play it. OR you can just hack the DVD player you already have... Save yourself some cash.
        thats what i did for my phantasm sphere.

but im wondereing will your dvd player play backup discs mine starts to skip after about a half hour of them. but its old so im not sure if thats just the problem

Hi! guys please tell me where can I found free pron

Comment

Zombi 2's Easter Egg Revealed!

Originally posted by schizophrenic-kyle View Post
          but im wondereing will your dvd player play backup discs mine starts to skip after about a half hour of them. but its old so im not sure if thats just the problem
          Mine plays them perfectly. Older players have a
          harder time refocusing the lens for certain dyes.

While I'm here, I'm gonna repost my review
          of Shriek Show's Zombi 2 from Amazon:

Zombi 2 (25th Anniversary Special Edition 2-Disc Set)
          Zombi 2's Easter Egg Revealed!, March 20, 2007

Okay, let's be brief: If you didn't grow up in the horror lovin' 80's or are not an established fan of Italian horror films, this movie probably won't work for you. This is the unofficial sequel to Romero's "Dawn Of The Dead" (the 1978 version of course) made primary for Italian audiences when Dawn was released there under the title of "Zombi". Even though this one doesn't take place in a mall or feature anything or anyone like the original storyline of Dawn, it does have almost the same feel. Eventually in America, this film came to us with English dubbed audio under the title of "Zombie". But now Shriek Show has finally released a remastered 2 disc set of this classic movie fully uncut for the first time in the states.

Or so I thought.

Ya see, when the movie starts, there's a brief scene set-up (as it always was), then it goes into the opening credits. I was expecting to see the original Italian credits showing it finally under it's original title "Zombi 2", like the box. But it isn't, it's the American version with the title "Zombie". Nitpicking, huh? But after a little searching I found an Easter Egg that shows that original title sequence that finally shows that this film was called "Zombi 2". Here's how to get to it (it's easy....):

On Disc One go to the "Features" section. In there, press the number "6" on your remote. It will activate a red skull button in the upper right on the screen (you CAN'T activate it by searching around the menu with your arrow buttons, very rare by Easter Egg standards!), and it will press the button automatically and take you to the original Italian opening credits and clearly show that this film was called "Zombi 2", logo and all. Also, after they're done, it will show an alternate end credits, but honestly I couldn't see any difference on them as opposed to the ones on the movie now.

All in all, this movie has never looked or sounded better ever. Some say it's looks too cleaned up now. They might have a point because the picture is so perfect now (colors bright, sharp image, brightness exact, sound crisp, etc) that it gives away the effects in the movie. Well, I'd rather have this movie perfect picture than a dark, grainy VHS anyday.

This movie is a classic piece of horror history and should be owned (especially the Shriek Show 25th Anniversary version...the extras here are superior....the making of documentary is as long as the movie itself!) by anyone with two or more "Living Dead/Zombie" DVD's already in their collection. I'm glad I got it, THIS is the way classic horror should be re-released.

P.S.: If you look hard enough (the DVD's trailer section has their previews), there is a "Zombi 3" and a "Zombie 4" movies out there too. Trust me, you don't need them or want them, as they don't have the same feel or quality of "Zombi 2" or "Dawn Of The Dead". Just be happy with their trailers. Enjoy!

Comment

Lucio Fulci's "Zombie" or "Zombie Flesh Eaters"

Hey guys, i have heard about some excellent gore effects in a film by Lucio Fulci. Apparently the film has created a lot of confusion as it has two names according to where you are in the world.
            The one that i have been looking at is called Zombie Flesh Eaters 1980.
            Has anyone seen this film? And is it worth a buy?

Comment

Originally posted by MrZombie View Post
              Hey guys, i have heard about some excellent gore effects in a film by Lucio Fulci. Apparently the film has created a lot of confusion as it has two names according to where you are in the world.
              The one that i have been looking at is called Zombie Flesh Eaters 1980.
              Has anyone seen this film? And is it worth a buy?
              The film you are referring to is actually "Zombi 2". The first "Zombi" is in reference to George A Romeros "Dawn of the Dead". Dario Argento and Fulci helped fund the movie shot in Pittsburgh, therefore they got to re-cut a version for Italy and Europe, and they called it "Zombi".
              "Zombi 2" aka "Zombie Flesh Eaters" (Australia) (UK), "Island of the Living Dead" (Europe: English title), "Zombie 2: Gli ultimi zombi" (Italy), is one of my favorite movies. I have seen it many many times and I consider this a "must buy" for horror fans.
              Last edited by Chainsaw_lullaby; 05-15-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Zombi 2 is truly amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw_lullaby View Post
                  The film you are referring to is actually "Zombi 2". The first "Zombi" is in reference to George A Romeros "Dawn of the Dead". Dario Argento and Fulci helped fund the movie shot in Pittsburgh, therefore they got to re-cut a version for Italy and Europe, and they called it "Zombi".

You were half right.

Originally posted by the_voice View Post
                  Zombi 2 is truly amazing

<ahem>

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!
                  www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com

HELP FUND OUR FEATURE FILM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!
                    Ignore this guy, it's a great film.

Comment

Originally posted by The DeadlySpawn View Post
                      Listen to this guy, it's a terrible film.
                      How true.

Comment

i just got this today... for free

gonna watch it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          i just got this today... for free

gonna watch it tonight
                          At least you didn't waste any money on it.

It's awful.

Comment

i loved it

actually quite watchable, some of the best fx i've seen in an older horror film

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
                              How true.
                              agreed. Fulci is a hack.

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

A freind of mine showed me a scene from the movie, and i decided from that not to watch it. I'd explain it but I don't wanna spoil.
                                But that movie seems like crap. Even though that part did creep me out.

"Redbull and Vodka?"

Comment

Working...
                                X