Zombie (1979)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie (1979)

After reading Zombi 2's Wikipedia article I've gotta say I'm a little confused.

Also worth noting are the differences between the 2004 Shriek Show Media Blasters release and the 2006 Shriek Show Anchor Bay release, which often get confused. While Anchor Bay has a history of showing a great deal of respect for the preservation of purity in original director approved and uncut film releases, the 2006 Anchor Bay release of 'Zombi 2' inexplicably has a few minutes of footage omitted which can be found still intact in the 2004 Media Blasters release. Both feature comparable digitally remastered, anamorphic widescreen transfers, as well as the same bonus materials, but only the 2004 Media Blasters release can truly be considered "uncut".
    So is that true? And if so, is there a way I could tell the difference so I don't buy the falsely-labeled "uncut" version?

Yes it's true. The difference is easy to spot, and the Anchor Bay is no longer in print.

Shriek Show (Media Blasters) - Uncut 2 disc

Blue Underground - Uncut

Anchor Bay - Edited OOP

Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

I have all three versions ( i think i jus need 1 more to complete my zombie collection) and the 2 disc is the way to go.. the blue underground is similar in appearance, but no extras.

Comment

I think I had the Shriek version 2 disc uncut, if I remember right. I loved this movie, but when I looked at the dvd sleev, and you can see right there on the front, the fat zombie comes out of the water and on to the land. There's a shot of him coming on the land by a dock or something, if I remember right, on the box at least. Which version was this in or did I just miss it completely?
        "Blood has always been the coin of our realm." Dracula, Dracula 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Sinfully_Krissy View Post
          I have all three versions ( i think i jus need 1 more to complete my zombie collection) and the 2 disc is the way to go.. the blue underground is similar in appearance, but no extras.

why do you own 3 versions of the same film?

Comment

Originally posted by milby trillion View Post
            I bought the original anchorbay when it first came out.. Later (4, or 5 yrs) I had heard blue underground's version was an update and better.. then the shriek show came out...

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
              Yes it's true. The difference is easy to spot, and the Anchor Bay is no longer in print.
              Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Originally posted by nostracorvus View Post
                I think I had the Shriek version 2 disc uncut, if I remember right. I loved this movie, but when I looked at the dvd sleev, and you can see right there on the front, the fat zombie comes out of the water and on to the land. There's a shot of him coming on the land by a dock or something, if I remember right, on the box at least. Which version was this in or did I just miss it completely?
                If I remember rightly, that was a scene that was shot but never made it into the film.

Comment

ive been looking for this film cheap. the 2 disc is like $25

Hi! guys please tell me where can I found free pron

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post

Shriek Show (Media Blasters) - Uncut 2 disc

Blue Underground - Uncut

Anchor Bay - Edited OOP

I have the last one pictured (the old-school "we are going to eat you!" artwork) though I am positive this was not put out in '06. I remember buying it at least 5 years ago. Also, I am pretty damn sure there is no "cutting" or "editing" to the film....unless perhaps there are extra scenes in the other two versions? I mean all the gore footage is intact, though there isnt any scene with Fatty the Zombie washing ashore like someone else posted. What is this difference you are referring to?
                    sigpic RUN from this man!

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                      I have the last one pictured (the old-school "we are going to eat you!" artwork) though I am positive this was not put out in '06. I remember buying it at least 5 years ago. Also, I am pretty damn sure there is no "cutting" or "editing" to the film....unless perhaps there are extra scenes in the other two versions? I mean all the gore footage is intact, though there isnt any scene with Fatty the Zombie washing ashore like someone else posted. What is this difference you are referring to?
                      that is the difference, i also saw that version at F.Y.E. yesterday but didnt want to get it cause the lack of special features.

Hi! guys please tell me where can I found free pron

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                        http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1

(Anchor Bay) - No censor cuts, but itīs missing a some seconds: Opening frames/music, the scene with the professor holding up his gun, the phone booth sequence with Al Cliver, the shark attack sequence is missing footage.
                        Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

I have the 2 disc Shriek Show one, the Blue Underground one, and the edited version(on VHS).

Comment

Why not.
                            I have 7 DVDs of The Beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post

I have the 2 disc Shriek Show one, the Blue Underground one, and the edited version(on VHS).
                              I recommend suicide....
                              Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

Working...
                              X