The Forbidden Door (Pintu terlarang) [2009]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forbidden Door (Pintu terlarang) [2009]

I searched the foreign horror subforum and couldn't find any threads discussing this film. I'm pretty surprised, considering I think it is a film very much worth seeing. It has an interesting premise and scenes which are pretty unique compared to other recent horror films (it does use a couple of plot devices which are pretty standard horror fare but the film still manages to feel different in the end).

Here's the trailer:
    http://youtu.be/t3XZAUNgNzQ

Watch it!

I wrote a book back in 1984 called The Forbidden Doorway.
    KITTYSAFE.NET
    Facebook | Website
    | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Indeed, it's astonishingly good. Given the synopsis and the trailer I was expecting it to be a bit of a treat, but it was more than that. Awesome, strange thriller with a really interesting voyeur-theme which is tied in expertly with the other themes and the twist.
      GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Status View Post
        Indeed, it's astonishingly good. Given the synopsis and the trailer I was expecting it to be a bit of a treat, but it was more than that. Awesome, strange thriller with a really interesting voyeur-theme which is tied in expertly with the other themes and the twist.
        Yeah, I really liked the way the whole thing is tied together. Maybe not the most original twist in the end, but definitely a new way of executing it that doesn't mirror any of the previous movies that use it.

Comment

Loved this film! the ending was totally unexpected as well! I actually found a DVD of it with english subtitles. made a blog post about on my blog,

The Forbidden Door Joko Anwar DVD with English Subtitles
          Last edited by lanemeyer; 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM.
          Subtitle me please - World Cinema International Genre Film News

Comment

Its a great film, I watched it as part of the imdb October challenge and am defo going to buy a copy!

Comment

This film is great, defo one worth buying!

Comment

Working...
              X