No announcement yet.

Kill List (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished this. It was brilliant, it was confusing and the 'Librarian' scene was utterly fuckin fantastic! I love that part of the film. Wow! Brutal!!

I have a million questions though:

[SPOILER]what about his cut? the infection? the creepy replacement doctor? all part of the cult?

The cult picked him maybe for these tasks because they knew he was on the edge? He proved himself so he was worthy to become the leader?[/SPOILER]

I dunno. Nice Saturday wintery afternoon watch though. 7/10 from me

Comment

May check it, see what it's all about

Comment

I had read several negative reviews of this movie, even so I decided to see it, and found it quite good.
        A soldier turned-murderer in the pay, which accepts a mysterious assignment, just to bring it to the darkest part of human being, the movie is a drama with outbreaks of violence and madness.

Deranged thriller that mixes genres and developing a story with a very interesting introduction, a development that is slowly explaining and deepening their themes, and a final, with a cruelty and shocking graphic violence, constitutes an ironic story strong and bloodthirsty.

[SPOILER]I also left me with a couple of questions: When they killed the librarians (the scene is great), he says something like: I know you, I know who you are, your friend know who you are?
        [/SPOILER]

Comment

Oh yes, I remember your spoiler...

Maybe,

[SPOILER]I think these people on the Kill List were part of the cult at some point and did them wrong and now had to be killed. That guy knew he was being tested per say to be the cult ''leader''[/SPOILER]

wow, a movie hasn't made me wonder like this in along time.

Comment

Oh yeah..almost every review I read said this movie was awful, so of course I have to check it out aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
              Oh yes, I remember your spoiler...

Maybe,

[SPOILER]I think these people on the Kill List were part of the cult at some point and did them wrong and now had to be killed. That guy knew he was being tested per say to be the cult ''leader''[/SPOILER]

wow, a movie hasn't made me wonder like this in along time.
              I think you're right. I always dreamed of being part of one of these cults do not know why.

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
              Oh yeah..almost every review I read said this movie was awful, so of course I have to check it out aswell.
              Yes, I also get tired of reading bad reviews of this film, almost everyone badmouth this movie, and I still can not understand, seemed to me, as I said pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                Yes, I also get tired of reading bad reviews of this film, almost everyone badmouth this movie, and I still can not understand, seemed to me, as I said pretty good.
                I get pretty often very quickly tired of reading reviews in general. They spoil and steer in a subconscious manner your own expectation for a movie, so I decided to quit reading that shit - at least from newspapers or so called experts.
                Though, it's different around here, since here are so many opinions, which are reflected and well-considered.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Pretty decent flick. Will definitely need to give this a rewatch...not a good film to watch with a room full of drunk people.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

I switched it off 20 minutes from the end, nothing really bad about it except it's just a movie about nothing.

It came recommended too.

Now Available on Android and Windows

Comment

Here's a great interpretation:

http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/blo...bout-then61097

I have to give props to the soundtrack. It just gave a great feeling of impending doom throughout the movie.

What an unsettling little piece of cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                        I get pretty often very quickly tired of reading reviews in general. They spoil and steer in a subconscious manner your own expectation for a movie, so I decided to quit reading that shit - at least from newspapers or so called experts.
                        Though, it's different around here, since here are so many opinions, which are reflected and well-considered.
                        Well said.

Comment

I didn't hate the ending.. but I am left with many questions.

[SPOILER]How did the wife not know she was fighting her husband in the end? Why did the husband, Jay, knife fight anyone to begin with? Why the hell was she laughing at the end?

What I really enjoyed is that so many things repeated in this film. The play fight between Jay and his friend, Gal, becoming a real fight later on. The sword fight against his wife and son becoming real later on. Jay's friend, Gal, saying "Thanks" as he's about to kill him, like everyone he murders. The girl who hangs herself waving to Jay the way Fiona did at the hotel. I'm not sure if this was all meant to be foreshadowing, or something else, but it's all very noticeable.

I also want to know if Gal was in on everything.[/SPOILER]

Still, it is worth a watch.. I saw the first twenty minutes of it and was bored. I watched it again and powered through.. it's much better than originally anticipated.
                          "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

While the film on the whole left me extremely confused on a number of different subjects (all detailed in prior posts) it still managed to really freak me the fuck out. And that really doesnt happen very often. There was just this since of impending dread that began maybe 20 or so minutes in when Gal's girlfriend marks the painting in Jay's house that never let up, and got weirder and more frightening as it kept going. I knew things would end up badly for most everyone involved, and assuredly they did so. Amazing cinematography, really hair-raising sound design, pitch perfect acting, cringe-worthy realistic violence and an ending for the ages add up to make this a standout flick for me. I can't wait to get the Blu-Ray and watch it another 10 times to truly figure everything out.

8.5/10
                            sigpic "The dream you can't escape ALIVE!"

Comment

I was pretty puzzled about this film, but after a couple hours of digestion, I think I really liked it. Plotwise, it was a quite intricate piece and the film really didn't pause to explain things to its viewer.

I'm quite sure Kill List will appear even better with a second viewing to get all the many details that appear in it. This was definitely one of the better flicks I've seen this year.

edit: The link 4 posts above answers many questions about this film really well.
                              Last edited by Eversor; 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

This film was disturbing in a way hard to describe, like disturbing to my soul. It reminded me of Fincher's The Game, except [SPOILER]that the conspirators award the protagonist with a VIP pass to hell instead of a t-shirt.[/SPOILER] I saw the end coming a mile away though, simply because films these days are trying too hard to be shocking. All I had to do was imagine the worst possible outcome and it came to pass. Still, this is a great slice of indie horror. Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X