Who Can Kill a Child? (1976)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Can Kill a Child? (1976)

A British couple visits an Spanish island and finds that it is inhabited only by mobs of evil children. Thought this movie was very creepy. No one ever thinks of kids as evil murderers and the title of the movie is a very fitting question. There is something very unsettling about 10 year olds holding knives and sickles with big grins on their faces. However, I thought the ten minutes of footage from the holocaust was a bit unnecessary.

I've heard of this film but have never seen it.

There's a modern British Film simply titled 'The Children' which has a similar storyline. Basically a some families go away on a short break, the kids become ill and the virus causes them to become deviant, sinister killers.

Check out the trailer

[YOUTUBE]GAgCHQCF9Jo[/YOUTUBE]
    sigpic

Comment

'The Children' is a pretty decent flick, made all the more watchable with the presence of a denim mini-skirt wearing Hannah Tointon. *Drools*!!!

Comment

I remember The Children Of The Korn is somewhat scary in the same way. But those children were religious fanatics.
        " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

I thought Who Can Kill a Child? was a lot better than the Children.

Comment

Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
            I thought Who Can Kill a Child? was a lot better than the Children.
            I haven't been able to find a copy with English subs so I couldn't say, i was just replying to the previous poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
              I haven't been able to find a copy with English subs so I couldn't say, i was just replying to the previous poster.
              Yeah, I just decided to mention it.
              I was really looking forward to The Children and I agree that it was decent, but I was disappointed overall. Hopefully you will eventually find a copy of Who Can Kill a Child? with english subs.
              It's really worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarlow View Post
                However, I thought the ten minutes of footage from the holocaust was a bit unnecessary.
                The archival footage, presented in the beginning, (the children suffering the rigors of war and famine) attempt to bring us, from the first minute the vindictiveness of the horrific tale we are about to witness. I think that was a hit, though perhaps a little long.

Originally posted by Grimm24 View Post
                I remember The Children Of The Korn is somewhat scary in the same way. But those children were religious fanatics.
                Who can kill a child is better than that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
                  Yeah, I just decided to mention it.
                  I was really looking forward to The Children and I agree that it was decent, but I was disappointed overall. Hopefully you will eventually find a copy of Who Can Kill a Child? with english subs.
                  It's really worth watching.
                  I've been meaning to track a copy with English subs down for years but I keep putting it off for some reason.
                  It seems like a serious version of Beware: Children At Play!
                  I'm only being half serious
                  I'll ask the missus to buy it for me for chrimbo.

Comment

I loved Who Can Kill a Child-genuinely creepy and I liked The Children-the idea of a virus from outer space is scary and its thought to be how the 1917 flu started in company different places at the same time-even scarier in The Children were the oblivious adults. The prologue for Who Can Kill A Child was good too
                    sigpic

REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE

Comment

GREAT FILM! Its actually getting remade soon ... at least that's what I was told

Comment

I love the movie Who Can Kill a Child? It's a gem and I'm glad to of finally seen it last year. The remake Come Out and Play looks to be solid as well. I think it's the same director and a shot for shot remake.

Comment

I've had this on my to see list for ages. It looks pretty good and sounds like it reeks of atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                          X