Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The logic I talked about was not related to the "unreal plots". For me are more illogical the choices he made the last years. Illogical for their ridiculous parts like the "rappresentation of chaos" in Rome in Mother of Tears.

Which is your favorite argento's flick?
    The Devil for me is a little girl... Dressed in white

Comment

• Originally posted by CastleGrapsOwner View Post
      The logic I talked about was not related to the "unreal plots". For me are more illogical the choices he made the last years. Illogical for their ridiculous parts like the "rappresentation of chaos" in Rome in Mother of Tears.

Which is your favorite argento's flick?
      I don't honestly know what my favorite Argento film is. I think his most interesting film is Suspiria but his most entertaining film is easily Deep Red. But whenever I get the desire to watch an Argento film I usually put on The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. I basically just bounce between those three films as my favorite.
      www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com

HELP FUND OUR FEATURE FILM!!!

Comment

• I've only seen a handful of his movies so far:

1. Deep Red (1975)
        2. Suspiria (1977)
        3. The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (1970)
        4. Inferno (1980)

From what I hear, his work started to decline by the 1990s. Still I'll given even his modern movies a chance.
        Horrorfest 2013

This has nothing to do with where I came from, or what happened to me... I would've ended up here no matter what. I made a choice, I made a choice to provide a counterbalance to all those things that we hold good... and pure. You chose journalism, okay.

Comment

• I thought his Masters of Horror entry Jenifer was pretty good (if predictable), so there's that. There's nothing particularly "Argento-esque" about it at all, but I'll take it over Giallo, for sure.

Comment

• Guys, have you seen the last Argento's movie Dracula 3D?
            I did!
            The Devil for me is a little girl... Dressed in white

Comment

• Argento is my all time favorite, except I havnt seen anything of hos past Mother of tears...I saw it when it was released and I'm still trying to digest it and discern if I hated it or loved it...its a fine line on his newer stuff. Suspiria will always be the best for Argento IMO

Comment

• I love Argento. This is a great thread. Many thanks
                "I'm gonna put something in you, make the devil feel surprised".-Mazzy Star

Comment

• The Argento Syndrome - new book about Argento's films

My new book THE ARGENTO SYNDROME published by Bear Manor Media, is out now, available online at www.derekbotelho.com, amazon.com, bn.com. Signed copies are available upon request from my personal website above.

If you are planning on going to the Days of the Dead convention in Indianapolis the weekend of June 27-29, 2014 I will be at the show with my book. Stop by, say hi, and grab a copy.

There is a contest running in conjunction with Icons of Fright to win a limited edition poster from Goblin's gigs in Los Angeles last year signed by the band and the artist. Details here: http://iconsoffright.com/2014/06/23/...blin-giveaway/
                  I feel like the baroness in "The Sound of Music". Everyone is off climbing an Alp and I want to shove a guitar up that nun's ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X