Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stage Fright

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Horrorholic
    I saw this movie on the shelf the other day and was wondering if anyone had seen it. Michele Soavi directed it, which proves promising since he directed Cemetery Man and The Church (Both of which are good). It was $5 for a used copy, but I felt kinda iffy on it.
    I have a region 2 Cemetary Man DVD, and picked up StageFright yeterday at a video store in Manhattan and the reason I picked it up was based on a job well done with Cemtary Man. They had the Church but I will wait till next time to pick it up, the reason I really didnt was because Im not big into Argento, but I think I will give it a shot especially for $7.99, cant go wrong.

    Comment


    • #17
      Strage Fright is a good slasher. I just love the brutality the killer uses when killing a victim. No mercy and no remorse. The killings were creative and gory. The setting for this slasher was original. How many slashers have you seen that took place at a theater for musical plays? The scene were the killer is on stage with all his victims and hes just sitting there is very haunting.

      Comment


      • #18
        I just finished watching STAGE FRIGHT, and to be honest this is an awesome Slasher film.

        IMO very under rated and deserves mentions among alot the good slasher films. The kills are quit graffic and brutal, the killer is pretty creepy along with the mask which is exclellnt.

        i dont know how come this film is never mentioned, but from now on I will make sure I reccomend this film, i think its a very good slasher one of the better ones out thereand deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Black Christmas, Maniac, Halloween, Henry: POASK The Burning ,maybe not as great as all those but not very far behind very close iMO, as the poster above me mentioned it has some creepy moments which alot of films fail terribly at doing.
        make sure if you do get it get the UNCUT< UNCENSORED< UNRATD version its pretty graffic and well done.

        I rate it 4*'s out of 5, I enjoyed this movie alot.Definitly worth the $15 I paid for it.
        Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          I don't mean this in a bad way to anyone who said this comment about the film, but, how are the killings graphic and/or brutal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but, I didn't think there was anything extremely graphic or brutal about it. It just had that nice Italian-horror ring to it (And, seeing as it is Italian, it would have that).

          ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
          +26 Trader

          Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Horrorholic
            I don't mean this in a bad way to anyone who said this comment about the film, but, how are the killings graphic and/or brutal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but, I didn't think there was anything extremely graphic or brutal about it. It just had that nice Italian-horror ring to it (And, seeing as it is Italian, it would have that).
            the meaning of the word Brutal:

            bru·tal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brtl)
            adj.
            Extremely ruthless or cruel.
            Crude or unfeeling in manner or speech.
            Harsh; unrelenting: a brutal winter in the Arctic.
            Disagreeably precise or penetrating: spoke with brutal honesty.

            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Well why dont you grow up and just quote my thread instead of playing these little childs games. I dont know who said it but some one Alsi never stated it to be as you say "EXTREMELY GRAFFIC" but i did say "GRAFFIC"

            So now I will explain in simple child terms what was brutal about the film for the slower people out there, I dont mean this to anyone imparticualr.:confused:

            Anyway Brutal, I consider a Pitch Fork to the face BRUTAL, I consider and Drill going through soome ones body BRUTAL, people getting decapitated BRUTAL, getting stabbed to death BRUTAL.

            Now as for the graffic the film was pretty graffic but I guess the pitch fork scene was not graffic, neither was the drill through the body, or the guy getting his arm taken off by a chainsaw, or the Axe to the head, or the women in the shower getting stabbed to death or sliced up which ever it was.

            So I guess this film is full of puppy dogs and love birds, sorry to anynone who took my advice that this is a violent film, its not, I lied its about on the same level as the Care Bears maybe softer.
            Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 04-26-2006, 03:54 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
              the meaning of the word Brutal:

              bru·tal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brtl)
              adj.
              Extremely ruthless or cruel.
              Crude or unfeeling in manner or speech.
              Harsh; unrelenting: a brutal winter in the Arctic.
              Disagreeably precise or penetrating: spoke with brutal honesty.

              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Well why dont you grow up and just quote my thread instead of playing these little childs games. I dont know who said it but some one Alsi never stated it to be as you say "EXTREMELY GRAFFIC" but i did say "GRAFFIC"

              So now I will explain in simple child terms what was brutal about the film for the slower people out there, I dont mean this to anyone imparticualr.:confused:

              Anyway Brutal, I consider a Pitch Fork to the face BRUTAL, I consider and Drill going through soome ones body BRUTAL, people getting decapitated BRUTAL, getting stabbed to death BRUTAL.

              Now as for the graffic the film was pretty graffic but I guess the pitch fork scene was not graffic, neither was the drill through the body, or the guy getting his arm taken off by a chainsaw, or the Axe to the head, or the women in the shower getting stabbed to death or sliced up which ever it was.

              So I guess this film is full of puppy dogs and love birds, sorry to anynone who took my advice that this is a violent film, its not, I lied its about on the same level as the Care Bears maybe softer.
              1) Let's take a look at the thread and realize several people referred to this film as being brutal and violent (Some of these instances would be insuating).
              2) No one is taking a stab at you. If you want a flame war with me or something, you've definately tried to ruffle feathers with the wrong person, seeing as I'm not going to argue with you. It's called an opinion and I'm pretty sure I made my post in a way that was NON-CONFRONTATIONAL.
              3) I still disagree with you. I don't think the film is graphic or brutal.
              4) No one here is playing child games. The only one taking everything personally and acting childish is you.
              5) "Graffic" is spelled graphic.
              Last edited by Horrorholic; 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM.

              ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
              +26 Trader

              Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BloodBath&Beyond
                Is this a slasher or a giallo?
                Is a mix of both. That's why I like it.

                If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Slasher Freak
                  Is a mix of both. That's why I like it.
                  No, its not a mixture of both. There is no mystery to it. It follows slasher rules, not giallo rules.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    there is not any mystery causewe all know who the killer is, its basically told to you in the beging of the movie.

                    this movie is not a Giallo, just because its Italain and a slasher film,.
                    IMO this is a slasher film and thats it.

                    this film has no psycological meaning and is not a mystery which like I said IMO leaves it as a Slasher.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      From what I remember when I saw Stage Fright ... I remember feeling a little dissapointed. It's an ok slasher ... that said, I would still take Cemetery Man over this any day.

                      In my opinion Cemetery Man was Soavi's best film anyway ...

                      Infini-Tropolis

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So, in honor of my Round 6 draft pick...I thought I'd bump this thread.

                        Has anyone else seen this underrated Soavi slasher, and if so, what did you think of it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I just finished watchin' this and I'm definetly glad I did. It's an amazing giallo that ranks up there with the best of the Argento that I've seen. Like a great Argento flick, it's brilliantly shot, it's suspenseful and tense with viciously bloody murder sequences on top of a solid story. A great directorial debut.

                          Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's the rare "beautiful" horror movie. Me likey. Especially the part with the feathers falling.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              For those of you who are fans of Stage Fright, how would you rate Anchor Bay's dvd presentation of the film? Did Soavi shoot it in English, like he did Cemetery Man? I ask because Amazon.com doesn't list subtitles in the offered special features, and I'm not a big fan of dubbed foreign films. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                              Movie Ratings:
                              Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                              Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                              Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                              The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                              The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                It's not subtitled and I'm pretty sure it wasn't shot in English, but from what I remember it wasn't an obvious dub, it looked and sounded great.

                                Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X