This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe
    It's not subtitled and I'm pretty sure it wasn't shot in English, but from what I remember it wasn't an obvious dub, it looked and sounded great.
    Thanks for the response. I found an unrated vhs copy of it at my local mom and pop video store, and gave it a rental for just a buck. I plan on watching it this evening.
    Movie Ratings:
    Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
    Lethal Weapon - 8/10
    The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
    The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

I enjoyed it, visually stylish slasher fun. The killer's owl head cowl was a unique and refreshing choice. It appeared to me that the film was shot in English, but that some of the cast was redubbed by other actors, maybe due to thick Italian accents?
      Movie Ratings:
      Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
      Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
      Lethal Weapon - 8/10
      The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
      The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by gore_grind
        So, in honor of my Round 6 draft pick...I thought I'd bump this thread.

Has anyone else seen this underrated Soavi slasher, and if so, what did you think of it?
        I loved this film...it's great and bloddy and cool mask and an interesting take on a slasher film with some good over the top violance
        Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

Was this movie actually shot in full screen or wide screen?

My DVD is full screen, the american one is 16.9 yet I hear it's that way because the tops and bottoms of the picture are cut off.

Comment

Ah I loved this movie.

http://www.jointhefuzz.com/linkpost.php?i=931

Comment

I can't believe so many people besides Slaserh Freak liked this...I finally watched it yesterday and thought it was pretty dire....There were a few moments of brilliance throughout but was undone but an absolutely terrible story and even dumber characters...

So let me get this straight...A woman is murdered outside a building and the cops don't search the building for clues or a possible suspect? I've seen cops shut down an entire street if a muder happens outside...Then you have the utterly stupid people that stand there while a girl is stabbed to death and do nothing...Then there is that ending...The cops didn't find the burnt up killer? Wait...Of course not, they didn't even search in the first place...And that black guys delivery of his lines, especially "right between the eyes"...OH WAIT, and the gun that they somehow put back in the drawer for the black guy to go back and get....

Sorry, but Soavi has done better work that this and with the exception of the score, and look of the film, everything else, including the "gore" was weak...

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther View Post
                I can't believe so many people besides Slaserh Freak liked this...I finally watched it yesterday and thought it was pretty dire....There were a few moments of brilliance throughout but was undone but an absolutely terrible story and even dumber characters...
                It certainly wasn't anything to write home about. It was ok, nothing more. The look of the killer was about the best thing about it

Comment

slasher films just seem to have an an innate charm about them, everyone loves to see a good kill. fuck story and closely observed police procedure

Comment

Originally posted by brain dead View Post
                    It certainly wasn't anything to write home about. It was ok, nothing more. The look of the killer was about the best thing about it
                    The look of the killer was stupid as well...

Originally posted by milby trillion View Post
                    slasher films just seem to have an an innate charm about them, everyone loves to see a good kill. fuck story and closely observed police procedure
                    Sorry, I stopped being easily amused when I was 16...Stupid movies annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther View Post
                      I can't believe so many people besides Slaserh Freak liked this...

Well, you better start believing it because a lot of horror fans like this film just like that other 80's slasher that you dislike. You are just in the minority.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
                        Well, believe it N2N because a lot of people like this film just like The
                        Burning which you obviously don't like either. You might consider it stupid but
                        this is considered one of the best slashers ever made. Besides who the fuck
                        cares if the cops didn't search the building or not?
                        Enjoy something for once and stop asking so many questions in your
                        head......Remember it's a slasher film.
                        I am more than aware that people like you like crap like this...There are other members who I expected to have better taste...Who the fuck cares if the cops didn't search the building? I think I established that I care...I enjoy lots of slasher films "for once"...Slasher films are still films and some of them aren't as butt stupid as Stagefright...Some of them TRY to have a sensible story....Maybe one day, when you grow up, you'll stop being retarded.

Comment

Stagefright is a great slasher film. It has some good kills and some cheesy acting. Soavi did a great job.
                          Always up for a trade
                          http://stormrider81.dvdaf.com/

Comment

I get it now...Slasher Films should be exempt from all other judgments of quality...Riiiiiiight.

Comment

Coolest looking slasher costume ever.

http://www.jointhefuzz.com/linkpost.php?i=931

Comment

So let me get this straight...A woman is murdered outside a building and the cops don't search the building for clues or a possible suspect? I've seen cops shut down an entire street if a muder happens outside...Then you have the utterly stupid people that stand there while a girl is stabbed to death and do nothing...Then there is that ending...The cops didn't find the burnt up killer? Wait...Of course not, they didn't even search in the first place...And that black guys delivery of his lines, especially "right between the eyes"...OH WAIT, and the gun that they somehow put back in the drawer for the black guy to go back and get....

Sorry, but Soavi has done better work that this and with the exception of the score, and look of the film, everything else, including the "gore" was weak...
                                If you're taking the ending of this film literally, you should be wearing a dunce cap.

Also the building was searched, they just didn't find the killer. >_>

This was a very good film.

Comment

Working...
                                X