No announcement yet.

Best British Horror (in recent history)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deathwatch-Andy Serkis owns that film all over.

Comment

The Descent.

Comment

Being from the UK myself "The Descent" is something to be proud of.It being something totally new,it's hard to impress these days.I wish Clive Barker would do more work in film.He's the man, I think, could really carry the flag for the British horror film.

Comment

the decent and 28 days later < definatley one of my faves...i think us Brits are only just getting the hang of the horror thing....personally i think most of it is crap. I find Asians are the people with the right idea about how to do horror...thats in my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by boobookitty
            the decent and 28 days later < definatley one of my faves...i think us Brits are only just getting the hang of the horror thing....personally i think most of it is crap. I find Asians are the people with the right idea about how to do horror...thats in my opinion though.
            too true. we really have learned a few lessons from american horror, but have given them something back in return eg;less is more,etc
            "Oh Yes Georgie. They All Float Down Here..."

Comment

28 Days Later, Dog Soldiers and Shaun Of The Dead.

I honestly don't get the whole love for The Descent.
              2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
              Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
              I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
              Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
              Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
              Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
              Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
              The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
              Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
              Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

shaun of the dead is class....i just love the part in the bar, whacking the zombie to the theme of Queen

Comment

i'll have to see the descent, but for now i rather enjoyed dog soldiers, 28 days later was good too.

Comment

I found the Descent to be rather disappointing, actually.

I got quite excited about it because I really like Dog Soldiers and I read an interview with Neil Marshall before the film came out where he was saying about how he hated horror films which just had stupid JUMP JUMP JUMP bits in them all the time. And then I finally see the Descent and it's full of stupid JUMP JUMP JUMP bits in it all the time. And then it goes Buffy-ish which was odd. And just why was there an homage to Apocolypse Now?! Why?!

I dunno. I fail to see quite what's so special about it, especially when compared to the wonderful Dog Soldiers.

Then again there's probably something wrong with me because I don't think 28 Days Later is very good, either.

Marc Evan's My Little Eye is a wonderful British horror film made a few years back now which I adore. It's Blair Witchy in tone and horror, so very different to the Descent / 28 Days Later etc. In my experience people who like Blair Witch like My Little Eye, and people who hate Blair Witch also hate My Little Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Sky
                      I found the Descent to be rather disappointing, actually.

I got quite excited about it because I really like Dog Soldiers and I read an interview with Neil Marshall before the film came out where he was saying about how he hated horror films which just had stupid JUMP JUMP JUMP bits in them all the time. And then I finally see the Descent and it's full of stupid JUMP JUMP JUMP bits in it all the time. And then it goes Buffy-ish which was odd. And just why was there an homage to Apocolypse Now?! Why?!

I dunno. I fail to see quite what's so special about it, especially when compared to the wonderful Dog Soldiers.

Then again there's probably something wrong with me because I don't think 28 Days Later is very good, either.

Marc Evan's My Little Eye is a wonderful British horror film made a few years back now which I adore. It's Blair Witchy in tone and horror, so very different to the Descent / 28 Days Later etc. In my experience people who like Blair Witch like My Little Eye, and people who hate Blair Witch also hate My Little Eye.
                      My Little Eye is British? Since when?
                      My Little Eye was a good flick, devoid of any originality but very enjoyable.
                      Oh, and you are completely wrong about The Descent, but then again you are from Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
                        My Little Eye is British? Since when?
                        My Little Eye was a good flick, devoid of any originality but very enjoyable.
                        Oh, and you are completely wrong about The Descent, but then again you are from Surrey.
                        It was co-produced by a british company, and directed by a brit too.
                        And you're right. Completely wrong about the descent...

Comment

Originally posted by brain dead
                          It was co-produced by a british company, and directed by a brit too.
                          And you're right. Completely wrong about the descent...
                          That doesnt make it British in its entirety. Apparently according to imbd(always right, and great opinions/reviews ) - its budget was from a total of four countries, including the US and the UK.
                          It's still not better than 28 Days Later, The Descent, and Dog Soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
                            That doesnt make it British in its entirety. Apparently according to imbd(always right, and great opinions/reviews ) - its budget was from a total of four countries, including the US and the UK.
                            It's still not better than 28 Days Later, The Descent, and Dog Soldiers.
                            No, but i guess it makes it as british as it does american. Dog Soldiers is listed on IMDB as aLuxumberg co production, 28 days later, French...
                            Agreed. Its good, and the dvd is pretty fun, but it's nothing special.
                            Last edited by brain dead; 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM.

Comment

The Descent is probably the best, I'm sure. I love a whole slew of british horror though. Dog Soldiers, Shaun of the Dead, Deathwatch, Long Time Dead, Creep, Ghost Rig, Lighthouse, to name a few...

The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

Comment

Originally posted by AnneGwish
                                The Descent is probably the best, I'm sure. I love a whole slew of british horror though. Dog Soldiers, Shaun of the Dead, Deathwatch, Long Time Dead, Creep, Ghost Rig, Lighthouse, to name a few...
                                Lighthouse is damn good. Dead of night for you Americans if you can find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X