No announcement yet.

Best British Horror (in recent history)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reccommend Evil Aliens. Its B Grade, dont get me wrong but hilariously funny and something very very different.
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sav's My Space

Comment

Originally posted by Savieri
      I reccommend Evil Aliens. Its B Grade, dont get me wrong but hilariously funny and something very very different.
      You mean its wank but you dont care?

Comment

I enjoyed The Descent but dont really understand all the huge love for it, but i think i went in with way to high hopes because of hype still a good 8/10 at least though.

Comment

I recently saw the movie "Creep" and it wasnt too bad. The acting was mediocre and it was kinda slow but all in all it was pretty decent. Its the only british horror ive really seen that i can think of.

Comment

The Legend Of Hell House with Roddy MacDowall. The atmosphere was so thinck you could cut it with a knife! And a real English mansion too, and a fucking FREAKY looking one at that..

Also, for atmosphere, there's a little 1965 Gothic horror film with Barbara Steele called Nightmare Castle that, imho, is the BEST period film about vengeance from beyond the grave. You have to see the cinematography in this one. Movies like this don't come along everyday, there again, neither do women as unearthly beautiful as Barbara Steele!
            "You wish to find Jerusalem, my son?
            You go to the place where the men speak Italian, and take the boat until you come to the place where the men speak something different."

Comment

SOTD and Dog Soldiers are both tops on my list.
              "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Frankenstein's Monster.

Comment

The Descent... all the way
                [XBOXLIVE]Survivor%20Type[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

Shaun of the Dead, The Descent, Dog Soldiers...Not much by way of horror from across the pond...

Originally posted by Dark Sky
                  Marc Evan's My Little Eye is a wonderful British horror film made a few years back now which I adore. It's Blair Witchy in tone and horror, so very different to the Descent / 28 Days Later etc. In my experience people who like Blair Witch like My Little Eye, and people who hate Blair Witch also hate My Little Eye.
                  I love The Blair Witch Project and I thought My Little Eye was garbage...

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther
                    Shaun of the Dead, The Descent, Dog Soldiers...Not much by way of horror from across the pond...
                    Don't forget about 28 Days Later, it is right up there with SOTD, The Descent and Dog Soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nightmare
                      Don't forget about 28 Days Later, it is right up there with SOTD, The Descent and Dog Soldiers.
                      I didn't forget it...I thought it was merely ok...

Comment

The Descent... then Dog Soldiers.
                        "Words create lies. Pain can be trusted."

MYSPACE

Comment

blood on satan's claw is a cool pic, anyone else seen it??

Comment

In order of preference

The Descent, 28 Days Later, Shaun Of The Dead, Dog Soldiers and then Creep

-XS
                            "What do you prefer Karis? Evita or Sweeney Todd?"
                            "Um, do I like a musical about a butcher or a musical that was butchered by Madonna?"

Comment

Originally posted by XcentrickSalo
                              The Descent, 28 Days Later, Shaun Of The Dead, Dog Soldiers and then Creep

-XS
                              Really?? Creep last
                              I would rate them in this order:

The Descent, Creep, Shaun of the Dead, Dog Soldiers, 28 Days Later

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Your both wrong

Shaun of the Dead > The Descent > 28 Days Later > Dog Soldiers > Creep

Although i do still love them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X