• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison (1988)

Title: Prison
    Director: Renny Harlin
    Year: 1988
    Synopsis: When Charles Forsyth was sent to the electric chair for a crime he didn't commit, he forever haunts the prison where it occured. Flash forward several years the prison is reopened, under the control of it's new Warden Eaton Sharpe. A former security guard who framed Charlie. When prisoners are ordered to break down the wall to the electric chair, they unknowingly release the angry spirit of Charles Forsyth, a powerful being suffering from a murderous rage, all leading up to the Warden himself.
    Trailer: Prison
    Has anyone seen this before? I vaguely remember seeing it on TV when I was much, much younger (Possibly elementary school days). Kane Hodder played the ghost in the film, even before he went onto fame as Jason Voorhees. Viggo Mortensen was also in the film as a prisoner, which I find interesting. He's certainly come a long way. I was inspired to make this thread because Renny Harlin (the director) is coming out with The Covenant, which looks like absolute garbage, and decided I would look back at some of the great cheese he has done before releasing the movie that could quite possibly end his career (We thought Exorcist: The Beginning was bad, Good God, look at this trailer for The Covenant). ANyway, if anyone has seen this, Id like to know what you thought about it. I remember thinking it was cool, but, I was five and havent seen it since and there doesnt appear to be a DVD release of it.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
    +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Not only have I seen this one, I actually met the writer (C. Courtney Joyner) a week ago at a fan convention I went to. The film is a lost gem and needs a DVD release sometime. Somebody contact Anchor Bay.

Comment

I used to have a copy on VHS, it's a decent little horror movie that desperately needs to be released on DVD.
      sigpic
      If you could see inside my head - you'd run
      http://never-ready.dvdaf.com/owned
      Sig by rayzorsharp

Comment

it looks pretty retarded... but then again, its an late 80's flick, and it seems to rely heavily on coming out the year after "hellraiser" (i thought i saw plenty of "homages" to that in the trailer)
        [XBOXLIVE]KenslerDK[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

This film got some very heavy re-watching whilst I was a student... I got it on vhs from a great little 2nd hand video shop in Winton, Bournemouth... and was very surprised by it's atmosphere and streak of evil... the sequence with the guy in the oven heated cell springs to mind!

Somone, somewhere on here said Harlin had definitely "come on since 'Prison'"... I would be inclined to disagree...I would gladly appreciate a dvd release of this lost gem.
          Human teleportation, molecular decimation, breakdown and reformation is inherently purging.
          It makes a man a King. From the moment I walked out of the pod I felt like a million bucks.... Boy, I got that all wrong, didn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by BrundleFlyboy
            Somone, somewhere on here said Harlin had definitely "come on since 'Prison'"... I would be inclined to disagree...I would gladly appreciate a dvd release of this lost gem.
            That would be me and I meant it sarcastically

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
            +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Man this is one movie I've totally forgotten about in my years. Damn you'd figure they would have this released on dvd by now.

Comment

This movie is good, the kills are cool and the atmosphere is definately good along with the story.I'd recommend this if you can get your hands on this.
                My DVD List
                Sig made by slasherman
                My Wishlist

Comment

this is a great, bloody horror film
                  Puppet Master is Toyland Chairman
                  They want to play with you...
                  http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
                    Man this is one movie I've totally forgotten about in my years. Damn you'd figure they would have this released on dvd by now.
                    It actually has a region 2 DVD release Sounds like it is worth checking out. Is it anything like Event Horizon or what other movies is it like?
                    My Top 15 Favorite Slasher Movies (leave a comment):
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EJaizdfeU

Comment

Just saw this the other day. I saw they were releasing this on blu-ray and wanted to check out the trailer on youtube but instead found the whole movie.
                      It's a decent little flick with some cool moments. It's worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                        Just saw this the other day. I saw they were releasing this on blu-ray and wanted to check out the trailer on youtube but instead found the whole movie.
                        It's a decent little flick with some cool moments. It's worth checking out.
                        I hadn't given this movie a thought in years, years and years until I saw Amazon suggest it as movies I might like. I think the Amazon suggestion program must think, "hey here's a weird movie the mainstream won't care about, caustic will like it."

It piqued my interest before, so your positive review has cemented it.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                          I hadn't given this movie a thought in years, years and years until I saw Amazon suggest it as movies I might like. I think the Amazon suggestion program must think, "hey here's a weird movie the mainstream won't care about, caustic will like it."

It piqued my interest before, so your positive review has cemented it.
                          Amazon was exactly where I saw it lol. Never heard of it before then though, It's not the best flick by any means but it's worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                            Amazon was exactly where I saw it lol. Never heard of it before then though, It's not the best flick by any means but it's worth checking out.
                            It's a good movie. Haven't seen it in a long time. Thanks for the heads up, will definitely look for the blu-ray.
                            Last edited by ladynos; 01-01-2013, 06:41 AM.
                            "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                            H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I remember really digging this flick back in the VHS days. Wonder if it still holds up today...?
                              "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Working...
                              X