No announcement yet.

John Carpenter's Christine (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do quite enjoy this film. Just a good nostalgic time all around. Not scary or anything, but a good film nonetheless.

Comment

• Christine was the first dvd I ever got, fun fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
        Yes it is a solid King adaptation.
        I totally disagree, the main theme with the car that it was like an avatar for the deceased Lebay is completely wiped away and instead the car is inherently evil sort of takes away alot of the originality, though neither idea is particularly revolutionary. Also Arnies decent into madness is a way more underplayed. Obviously you cant recreate a book on screen, but i thought this was a rather poor adaptation.In the book Lebay was a complete douche and after his death his personality is extended to the car as a crazy asshole, in the movie Arnie just buys a car and becomes possessed by it...i guess. Special effects are top notch though and the final battle is awesome as far as those are concerned.
        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• i love this movie but wouldnt mind a remake closer to the novel.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
            i love this movie but wouldnt mind a remake closer to the novel.
            What? Another remake attempt? Fuck that.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
              i love this movie but wouldnt mind a remake closer to the novel.
              If they would to remake any SK novel, I vote The Running Man...thats nothing like the novel

As for Christine, nothing will ever come close to Carpenter's film ever.
              Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                If they would to remake any SK novel, I vote The Running Man...thats nothing like the novel

As for Christine, nothing will ever come close to Carpenter's film ever.
                yeah, carpenter's version is a classic but they should do another adaptation because the 1983 version lives out some stuff.

Comment

• I think what was incredibly cool about this movie is that John Carpenter was able to take an essentially cheesy subject and make it absolutely terrifying. Keith Gordon's performance when he's possessed is genuinely scary and those special effects when the car regenerates are just cool.
                  "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by Art School Dropout View Post
                    I think what was incredibly cool about this movie is that John Carpenter was able to take an essentially cheesy subject and make it absolutely terrifying.
                    bingo. great music, as well.

2015 all-genre draft
                    1. hero at large (1980)
                    2. mystery men (1999)
                    3. super (2010)
                    4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                    5. batman returns (1992)
                    6, spider-man strikes back (197
                    7. the specials (2000)
                    8. darkman (1990)
                    9. supergirl (1984)
                    10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• One of John Carpenter's greats

I love Christine. One of John Carpenter's greats and a completely underrated Stephen King adaptation.

I will not die born -- Travis Meeks

Comment

• "You're gonna wish you were never fuckin born!"

Love that part.. You couldn't remake bullies like that.. IMO.
                        jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• I remember watching Christine all the time when I was 12. I haven't seen it since 2006, I need to re-watch it. I heard rumors of a remake.

Comment

• Originally posted by EricVierthaler92 View Post
                            I remember watching Christine all the time when I was 12. I haven't seen it since 2006, I need to re-watch it. I heard rumors of a remake.
                            Same here! I saw it ONCE on VHS way back in the 80's (parents ran a Video Rentals Store). I wouldn't mind a re-watch. Along with THE FOG.
                            "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• This movie spawned my love for american muscle and lowrider cars, you can keep your Lambo's and ferrari's give me a Plymouth 58' fury anyday.

Comment

• There are a lot of great 80's and early 90's horror films that I've watched once and never revisited. Christine is one of those films.

Comment

Working...
                                X