No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one does nothing for me. I've watched it several times but have come away with only the desire to rewatch Near Dark.

Comment

• The Lost Boys is one of the movies that I think epitomizes the 1980's. It has a genuine 80's look and feel, as well as an awesome soundtrack and some fantastic performances.

This movie really draws you into it and makes you feel like you're right there in Santa Carla. The music fits the film perfectly. Nothing would have worked better. The setting is perfect. If you were a vampire and you were never going to die, where else would you want to spend your time? The amusement park, the abandoned cave with all that great stuff in it, and the railroad tracks (trust me, you'll understand after you see it) are absolutely incredible. The way Joel Schumacher uses certain POV shots and the eerie fog only add to the mood and atmosphere of the movie.

The gore and special effects are great! Since this is an 80's movie, there is no CGI thankfully, so everything you see is really real. The make-up of the vampires is excellent with their piercing eyes and long fangs. The gore doesn't really show itself until the end, though there is a very bloody (but quick) campfire attack in the middle. Once we do get to the blood and guts, it's great! There's a melting vampire in holy water, an exploding vampire, two excellent impalings, and more where that came from.

Finally, the acting is great. We have a very good cast, especially Kiefer Sutherland, who puts everyone else to shame. Jason Patric is a little dry, but he's great in his role. Max and Lucy have good chemistry, as well as Star and Michael. The Frog Brothers are classic and are responsible for most of the humor. Superb performances by all!

The Bottom Line:

A true 80's flick, with great performances, awesome special effects, a rocking soundtrack!!

Comment

• I heard rumors about a remake of The Lost Boys with Megan Fox as Star but don't know how credible that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
          The Lost Boys is one of the movies that I think epitomizes the 1980's. It has a genuine 80's look and feel, as well as an awesome soundtrack and some fantastic performances.

This movie really draws you into it and makes you feel like you're right there in Santa Carla. The music fits the film perfectly. Nothing would have worked better. The setting is perfect. If you were a vampire and you were never going to die, where else would you want to spend your time? The amusement park, the abandoned cave with all that great stuff in it, and the railroad tracks (trust me, you'll understand after you see it) are absolutely incredible. The way Joel Schumacher uses certain POV shots and the eerie fog only add to the mood and atmosphere of the movie.

The gore and special effects are great! Since this is an 80's movie, there is no CGI thankfully, so everything you see is really real. The make-up of the vampires is excellent with their piercing eyes and long fangs. The gore doesn't really show itself until the end, though there is a very bloody (but quick) campfire attack in the middle. Once we do get to the blood and guts, it's great! There's a melting vampire in holy water, an exploding vampire, two excellent impalings, and more where that came from.

Finally, the acting is great. We have a very good cast, especially Kiefer Sutherland, who puts everyone else to shame. Jason Patric is a little dry, but he's great in his role. Max and Lucy have good chemistry, as well as Star and Michael. The Frog Brothers are classic and are responsible for most of the humor. Superb performances by all!

The Bottom Line:

A true 80's flick, with great performances, awesome special effects, a rocking soundtrack!!

Comment

The Lost Boys is one of the movies that I think epitomizes the 1980's. It has a genuine 80's look and feel, as well as an awesome soundtrack and some fantastic performances.

The Bottom Line:

The Lost Boys is one of those mo- oh, you already took the words out of my mouth..
            Recently Watched

The Adjustment Bureau - 7.5/10
            Submarine - 6/10
            Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 7/10
            Impulse (1974) - 5/10
            The Abandoned (2006) - 0/10

8 Movies watched Since Joining - Multiple Watches not Counted or Listed

Comment

• This is one of the best movies of the 80's, I think.
              Oh Take These Storms Away
              Start A Brand New Story
              I'll Make It Through Each Day
              Singing Death Or Glory
              Lord Wont Answer Me
              I Wont Let It Bring Me Down

Comment

• Originally posted by KJZombieKiller View Post
                This is one of the best movies of the 80's, I think.
                Insane movie! The Coreys killed it!

Comment

The Bottom Line:

Well said! I concur!

Comment

• love love this movie. I used to watch it everyday, i recorded it on vhs. It never gets boring no matter how many times i watch it. The guy playing sax is hilarious. This movie makes me want to visit Santa Cruz.
                    Don't fuck with the babysitter

Comment

• Really enjoyed the film, when I watched it years back. Seen it a few times since, but will be a while before I check it out again. My favourite scene is the one where the vampires attack and feed off their prey, near the tree.

BATH TIME BATHORY-STYLE!

Comment

• Great 80s horror movie & to me the best Feldman/Haim movie by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
                          Great 80s horror movie & to me the best Feldman/Haim movie by far.
                          I agree.

Comment

• Epic saxophone dude:

[YOUTUBE]zhkUp1IeF_0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• "The Lost Boys"....Wonderful 80's vampire flick. Hip, scary, thrilling, funny, and gory!! Top notch cast led by the sexy and suave Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. Only mild cheesy thing is the fake "deep voice" acting Cory Feldman portrays in the film. Dont know what was with that. Terrific special effects, wonderful make up, great location spots and art direction, awesome music score, and fine ensemble acting all highlight the film. I grew up with this movie and it is one of my alltime faves!

10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                                Epic saxophone dude:

[YOUTUBE]zhkUp1IeF_0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                                "The Lost Boys"....Wonderful 80's vampire flick. Hip, scary, thrilling, funny, and gory!! Top notch cast led by the sexy and suave Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. Only mild cheesy thing is the fake "deep voice" acting Cory Feldman portrays in the film. Dont know what was with that. Terrific special effects, wonderful make up, great location spots and art direction, awesome music score, and fine ensemble acting all highlight the film. I grew up with this movie and it is one of my alltime faves!

10/10
                                yes indeed. the campfire slaughter is awesome.

(9/10)

Comment

Working...
                                X