No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember buying the album a couple months before the movie came out in my jerkwater town (Tulsa) and once I finally saw the film after reading about it and listening to the tape as I went to bed ("People are Strange" again and again), I was sorely dissappointed. I still sort of dig it and it does its job but it's not what I wanted it to be.

I wish Richard Kelly would make a Vampire flick.

Comment

Lost Boys rules, but Near Dark is easily the best vampire flick there is.

Comment

The fight between the older brother and David at the end was a let-down. But still, it's a very good movie.
        There's a door to dreams
        And it always lets you in
        But with a silent scream
        All the nightmares must begin

Still you chase what you can't see
        Like death and pain and sin
        And the Shadow of The Wind

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
        7/10/1942 - 5/16/2010

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonn...amesDio?v=wall

Comment

It's good man but far from the greatest...tho i thoroughly enjoyed watching the guy from bill and ted getting staked in the heart
          Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

i used to have the biggest crush on keither sutherland in this movie...bleach blonde hair...the rugged look,hes a right minger now!

bet mardigan is kicking himself said this thread would die out at 22 posts he he he
            'movies dont create pychco's,movies make the pyshco's more creative'
            'i love.....lamp'
            'where'd you get your clothes...at the..toilet...store?'
            ' your about as useful as a cock flavoured lollypop'
            'you look like a spastic trying to fuck a doorknob'

last films watched:
            labyrinth 10/10
            hot fuzz 8/10

last game played:
            pokemon diamond 9/10
            lord of the rings the third age 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Samzig
              Lost Boys rules, but Near Dark is easily the best vampire flick there is.
              Near Dark was so/so. I liked it better as a kid, though. I was recently doing a remote broadcast and the place had a dvd trade in post, I saw Near Dark 2 disc edition and wanted to buy it and they gave it to me. Now that I've seen it again I wouldn't pay for it. It was good, but not the best.

VAMP's good, Lost Boys good, Salem's Lot, Fright Night (I've even started liking Fright Night 2 now that I have the dvd, but it could have been WAAAAYYYY better), Forever Knight is/was a good vamp show.

I had always heard they wanted a sequel to the Lost Boys with the Lost Girls. That would have been cool. But, the way things are, look for it to be remade soon with Paul Walker as David and Chris Evans as Michael, Frankie Muniz as Sam, and Clive Owen as Max.

Come to think of it..that might not be too bad.
              "Blood has always been the coin of our realm." Dracula, Dracula 2000

Comment

Originally posted by nostracorvus
                Frankie Muniz as Sam

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

Comment

Originally posted by AnneGwish
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
                  I second that.

Comment

They should have Keifer play David still, use some makeup, dye the hair, he can look the same! Or even just keifers voice as part of it, like he died but michael who is now old still heres him, use all the old characters!~

Comment

Originally posted by Jgreed
                      Don't forget Fright Night, Bram Stokers Dracula, and Salems Lot (79). The Lost Boys is classic 80's horror though. They don't make vampire movies too often any more and I'm not talking about Underworld or Blade. I'm talkin about horror not action/horror.

the salem's lot remake is much better than the original. if you've read the book and then watched the remake you'll see its much more true to the book.

Comment

Originally posted by SkInWaLkEr
                        the salem's lot remake is much better than the original.
                        That tried too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by SkInWaLkEr
                          if you've read the book and then watched the remake you'll see its much more true to the book.
                          Just because one film adaptation crams more things from the source material into it than the other doesn't make it a good (or better) movie.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

I don't really care if movies are true to the books they are based on as long as they are entertaining.

Comment

I like Lost Boys, but I wouldn't say it's the best. It's pretty cheesy vampire camp.
                              Blood is thickest when love is bold, but blood runs thin when the heart grows cold.

Comment

i loved the movie. but it was not the best ever. it was cheezy and comedic. =) fun stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X