Creepshow (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepshow (1982)

So I watched (most of) Creepshow for the first time last night. It was entertaining, but I don't know that I'd go as far as to call it good just yet. I made it to the Ted Danson/Leslie Nielson segment and had to call it a night.

It was far too quirky for me to consider it straight up horror, but it had something about it that made me really enjoy it. Who knows.

You guys' thoughts on the film? And is Creepshow 2 worth checking out?
    ...to drink and fight.

Creepshow is a favorite film of mine by Romero. It's goofy and still delivers on the creepiness. The Crate is up next in Creepshow after Leslie Nielsen's segment. That's a good one. They Creep Up On You has a lot of bug action and a pretty good story.

Creepshow 2 is also pretty cool. Old Cheif Woodenhead is a good story with some gore. The Raft has some nudity and a decent story. The Hitch Hiker is probably my favorite of Creepshow 2, it's just cool.

Comment

Creepshow is one of my fav films ever. It is quirky but it's fun without being slapstick or Tromaesque. It delivers the goods on all levels: acting, music, FX, scares. I just can't praise it enough. Creepshow 2, however... The Raft was pretty good and faithful to his short story but the rest of it is a wasted mess.
      "I ain't nothin' but a Gorehound." -The Cramps

sigpic
      http://www.flixster.com/user/thefog1331

Comment

great film the second one was ok but if you're being really picky about the first one then im sure the sequel will let you down...I, on the other hand, LOVED the sequel
        Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

i loveeed creepshow 2....i remember watching it as a kid and loving the blob thing in the water....so i rented it a few weeks ago again and i still love it....its amazing how a peice of crap in the water can be scary,loved the ending of that aswell
          'movies dont create pychco's,movies make the pyshco's more creative'
          'i love.....lamp'
          'where'd you get your clothes...at the..toilet...store?'
          ' your about as useful as a cock flavoured lollypop'
          'you look like a spastic trying to fuck a doorknob'

last films watched:
          labyrinth 10/10
          hot fuzz 8/10

last game played:
          pokemon diamond 9/10
          lord of the rings the third age 8/10

Comment

The first one is good, the second one I didn't care much for.
            My DVD collection
            http://jamie-mcbain.dvdaf.com/

My Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/canmoo

My DVD collection
            http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?list=owned

How do you know about the machine?

Comment

i am proud to say i won BOTH of the creepshows, the first one is better, but part 2 was amazing other than the cheif woodenhead one, to drug out.
              My collection so far (started about 4 months ago)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=creg!

Comment

i happen to love Creepshow 1 and 2 great short stories from stephen king and George Romero .

Comment

both are excellent IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Drink/Fight
                    So I watched (most of) Creepshow for the first time last night. It was entertaining, but I don't know that I'd go as far as to call it good just yet. I made it to the Ted Danson/Leslie Nielson segment and had to call it a night.

It was far too quirky for me to consider it straight up horror, but it had something about it that made me really enjoy it. Who knows.

You guys' thoughts on the film? And is Creepshow 2 worth checking out?
                    Wow, u just saw Creepshow, thats to quirky.

Comment

in the first one iwth the cockroaches is a greeat part.

need to check out the second.
                      everybody from
                      gun-crazy militias to anti-immigrant nazis to fundamentalist
                      child-raping christians to gangsta rappers to community
                      activists to working families just struggling to put food
                      on the table - Jello Biafra

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgainChristian
                        in the first one iwth the cockroaches is a greeat part.

need to check out the second.

I love that one, the play on Howard Hughes' obsession with clean

Comment

Love both of these although the first one was twice as good as the second.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

I love both of them. The first one's better, but not miles better. The second is pretty decent.
                            A hobby should pass the time, not fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe
                              Creepshow is a favorite film of mine by Romero. It's goofy and still delivers on the creepiness. The Crate is up next in Creepshow after Leslie Nielsen's segment. That's a good one. They Creep Up On You has a lot of bug action and a pretty good story.

Creepshow 2 is also pretty cool. Old Cheif Woodenhead is a good story with some gore. The Raft has some nudity and a decent story. The Hitch Hiker is probably my favorite of Creepshow 2, it's just cool.

"Thanks for the ride lady."
                              Loved both Creepshows....the Raft was my fav.

Comment

Working...
                              X