X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Samuel Loomis View Post
    agreed.
    I hereby second the notion

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theghastlyone View Post
      Did anyone else think this movie is extremely overrated. The story is so dumb. Birds become viokent and attack people? This movie could have been great if made by an exploitation director. I love hitchock but he really made this movie lame. ITs a love story adn the two have no chemistry. There is absolutely no horror or suspense in this movie. Man. i dont knowwhy people consider one of the best horror movies.
      Yeah, I saw this movie years ago & I too feel it's pretty dumb & way overrated.

Comment

• "The Birds"....Alfred Hitchcocks' 1963 shocker is another great entry into the thriller/horror genre. Beautiful location shots, nicely done special effects, solid cast, suspense, well done makeup effects, terrific directing, and a top notch screenplay make the movie. The beautiful Tippi Hedren makes a very fine feature film debut as "Melanie". The handsome Rod Taylor(Mitch) is great and a young Veronica Cartwright is awesome as "Cathy". All the bird attacks are memorable, suspenseful, and fascinating to watch. The movie is a timeless classic!!

10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
          "The Birds"....Alfred Hitchcocks' 1963 shocker is another great entry into the thriller/horror genre. Beautiful location shots, nicely done special effects, solid cast, suspense, well done makeup effects, terrific directing, and a top notch screenplay make the movie. The beautiful Tippi Hedren makes a very fine feature film debut as "Melanie". The handsome Rod Taylor(Mitch) is great and a young Veronica Cartwright is awesome as "Cathy". All the bird attacks are memorable, suspenseful, and fascinating to watch. The movie is a timeless classic!!

10/10
          I pretty much agree with what you posted, but I found a bit of overacting to be found, especially with jessica tandy.

(9/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
            Yeah, I saw this movie years ago & I too feel it's pretty dumb & way overrated.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                "The Birds"....Alfred Hitchcocks' 1963 shocker is another great entry into the thriller/horror genre. Beautiful location shots, nicely done special effects, solid cast, suspense, well done makeup effects, terrific directing, and a top notch screenplay make the movie. The beautiful Tippi Hedren makes a very fine feature film debut as "Melanie". The handsome Rod Taylor(Mitch) is great and a young Veronica Cartwright is awesome as "Cathy". All the bird attacks are memorable, suspenseful, and fascinating to watch. The movie is a timeless classic!!

10/10
                Great review for a great movie
                "I'm gonna put something in you, make the devil feel surprised".-Mazzy Star

Comment

• I can't believe anyone would think this film isn't a horror classic. It has some of the most suspenseful moments of any film ever made. Look at the influence it had on Night of the Living Dead for goodness sakes. It really was a watershed film in terms of its gore, the way it builds up suspense toward an horrific reveal, and its beautiful atmosphere and pacing.

Comment

Working...
                  X