The Birds (1963)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Birds (1963)

Did anyone else think this movie is extremely overrated. The story is so dumb. Birds become viokent and attack people? This movie could have been great if made by an exploitation director. I love hitchock but he really made this movie lame. ITs a love story adn the two have no chemistry. There is absolutely no horror or suspense in this movie. Man. i dont knowwhy people consider one of the best horror movies.

I disagree. I found The Birds to be a fantastc film! It's not up to par with Psycho or Rear Window, but I thought it was very well done, great effects( for the time) and very suspenseful! I love the ending when they are all trapped in the house. great sound fx!
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat"

Comment

i disagree with every word of this original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theghastlyone
        Did anyone else think this movie is extremely overrated. The story is so dumb. Birds become viokent and attack people? This movie could have been great if made by an exploitation director. I love hitchock but he really made this movie lame. ITs a love story adn the two have no chemistry. There is absolutely no horror or suspense in this movie. Man. i dont knowwhy people consider one of the best horror movies.
        Wow... everyone agrees... you're dumb.

Comment

I saw it two weeks ago and I was fucking terrified. Great movie! My room-mate didn't like it either, but bear in mind, he liked Sahara.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain
            I saw it two weeks ago and I was fucking terrified. Great movie! My room-mate didn't like it either, but bear in mind, he liked Sahara.
            u were terrified by the birds? Thats embarassing, you must be a pussy

Comment

Um, no...not necessarily.

Anyway, I'd also have to disagree.
              Although The Birds isn't my absolute favorite Hitchcock film, it's still very good and not overrated.
              A hobby should pass the time, not fill it.

Comment

its because your are young. This movie is great.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Wow, I just find myself constantly disagreeing with everything you have to say.
                  Movie Ratings:
                  Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                  Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                  Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                  The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                  The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Did anyone else think this movie is extremely overrated.
                    NO

The story is so dumb. Birds become violent and attack people?
                    Yeah, sure and I could guarantee your a fan of the Scream movies, Jeepers Creepers etc... etc... etc....

But you are ofcourse entitled to your opinion. Unfortunatley.

. i dont knowwhy people consider one of the best horror movies.
                    I never heard any one say this one of the best horror movies thats unfortunatley your retarded opinion which i think you just made up out of the clear blue sky, I am entitled to my opinion that you are retarded as well, are I not, its not the greatest horror IMO, but it is a great film .

Funny thing is this is the film my mOther has told me gave me my fear of birds at like 5 years old hen i saw this. i hate Birds to this day, they make me sick, there disgusting, gross, I get freaked out when they flap there wings, i dont know , there just fucking nasty man. I also remember my father owning a pet shop and putting a big Cockatoo oin my shoulder it started flapping its wings and I freaked, I still remember that fucking day, so it could be a combination of both, who the fuck knows.

Last thing i know is I was walking from work with my tools and had a 2 ft level in my hAND and a bird ( Pigeon ) got like 2 feet from me flying near my face, i freaked and cracked it with my level, everyone was starring at me, but I felt bad afterwards, i love amnimals and didnt mean to hurt it, but it sat for like 2 minutes then flew away, thank god.

Comment

Yeah, I guess so...

Comment

The story is so dumb. Birds become viokent and attack people?
                        Watch the DVD extras. Hitchcock thought it would make a good movie because that was actually happening somewhere in America. It's based on a book I believe, but when he read about bird attacks in the newspaper he decided it would make a good flick.

Oh wait, I thought you said violent not viokent. That's true birds becoming viokent is ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by Iain
                          Yeah, I guess so...
                          heheheheh...he said pussy!

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw Suicide
                            heheheheh...he said pussy!
                            Hey, at least he spelled it right. Even if he did miss the period at the end of the sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by Mary T. Morbid
                              I disagree. I found The Birds to be a fantastc film! It's not up to par with Psycho or Rear Window, but I thought it was very well done, great effects( for the time) and very suspenseful! I love the ending when they are all trapped in the house. great sound fx!
                              It's also like two movies in one. It starts as some romance type of thing practically, then it takes a major U-Turn and becomes a different film. Only Hitchcock could have done this.

Comment

Working...
                              X