No announcement yet.

April Fool's Day (1986)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed this film also but correct me if i'm wrong, i think there was an alternate ending that, from what i read, was so much more chilling.

It's been so long since i read about that proposed ending so i don't remember too many details but it would have way more shocking.

As it stands, April's Fools Day stands as an excellent example of a film that distinguished itself from the slasher film saturation point that was the mid to late 80s.

Still would love to see that "other" ending

Comment

• Love this movie. Definitely a classic. I like the fact that the woman gets even with Muffy.

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

• it was alrite. i mean come on, u kinda saw the ending coming.
        halloween4life

Comment

• http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...l+fool%27s+day

Comment

• "April Fools Day"....I absolutely love this wonderful 1986 thriller. I also find the film to be underrated and overlooked. This movie has a terrific screenplay, solid directing by Fred Walton, and a fun mix of characters. Amy Steel as "Kit" is the best of the group. Just like in Friday The 13th Part 2.....she delivers a solid performance. Deborah Foreman as "Muffy" is another major standout...playing both the good/bad role. The smoldering Ken Olandt as "Rob" is great on the eyes, and is "ok" in the role. I found him to be okay in some parts and bad in a few other scenes. The "death" scenes and accidents are all staged very well. Love the water-well scene with "Hal" and "Nikki". Also the kitchen scene with "Kit" and "Muffy/Buffy" towards the end. Suspense,campy music score,humor, and thrills are all found in this 80's gem!! Classic!!

8/10

Comment

• this is a fun little flick with an awesome storyline and setting.

(8/10)

Comment

• Seen it a decade or so ago since then have watched it many times! I enjoyed the plot and it's thrills overall a cool flick danilo bach gave us a few good movies! The remake was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                  Seen it a decade or so ago since then have watched it many times! I enjoyed the plot and it's thrills overall a cool flick danilo bach gave us a few good movies! The remake was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                    "April Fools Day"....I absolutely love this wonderful 1986 thriller. I also find the film to be underrated and overlooked. This movie has a terrific screenplay, solid directing by Fred Walton, and a fun mix of characters. Amy Steel as "Kit" is the best of the group. Just like in Friday The 13th Part 2.....she delivers a solid performance. Deborah Foreman as "Muffy" is another major standout...playing both the good/bad role. The smoldering Ken Olandt as "Rob" is great on the eyes, and is "ok" in the role. I found him to be okay in some parts and bad in a few other scenes. The "death" scenes and accidents are all staged very well. Love the water-well scene with "Hal" and "Nikki". Also the kitchen scene with "Kit" and "Muffy/Buffy" towards the end. Suspense,campy music score,humor, and thrills are all found in this 80's gem!! Classic!!

8/10
                    It's never a "gem" but, yeah, Ms Muffy was a right little minx with her mischevious jokes! Oh, how we all laughed as she mentally scarred her friends for life, only to reveal that it was all just one big practical joke! Oh, that Muffy! She's such a card!

It does deserve some credit for trying something new and does works well as an interesting variation on the standard paint by numbers slasher plot but it's also fraught with gaping plot holes and continuity errors. Still, points for originality I suppose...
                    7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post

It does deserve some credit for trying something new and does works well as an interesting variation on the standard paint by numbers slasher plot but it's also fraught with gaping plot holes and continuity errors. Still, points for originality I suppose...
                      7/10
                      thats a good little gremlin

Comment

• Originally posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
                        thats a good little gremlin

Comment

• One of the better slasher movies of the '80s. I enjoyed the twist at the end.
                          "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                          X