No announcement yet.

April Fool's Day (1986)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you watch April Fools Day for a 2nd time, it really shows just how impossible and dumb the entire concept is. It just doesn't work on any level of passable realism.

Don't spend more than 5 bucks on this.

Comment

Go

just finished it last night and i'm gonna give it a 4/10 and only because of some of the scenes that could have made it a great slasher flick except for the ending which i think was total crap. It was good seeing Biff from Back To The Future playing a nice guy for once.
      ________
      Creampie Panties
      Last edited by Malicious; 03-21-2011, 08:19 AM.

My Top 5
      1. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (10/10)
      2. Deep Red (9/10)
      3. Maniac (8/10)
      4. Mr Brooks (7/10)
      5. New York Ripper (6/10)

SERIAL: Amoral Uprising Official Trailer
      http://www.vimeo.com/4266594

Fun & Games with Trenton Bracks
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDrnOdraQPs

"That's the advantage of being a psychopath...you don't have to take shit off of anyone."

Comment

Originally posted by Malicious
        It was good seeing Biff from Back To The Future playing a nice guy for once.
        That and the house is the only thing from preventing a 0/10 from me

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Go

Originally posted by Sea Hag
          That and the house is the only thing from preventing a 0/10 from me
          the house shots did add kind of a theme to the movie its just too bad they made it all for nothing but im still stuck on the house set they used in House as my favorite.
          ________
          TEEN GIRL
          Last edited by Malicious; 03-21-2011, 08:19 AM.

My Top 5
          1. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (10/10)
          2. Deep Red (9/10)
          3. Maniac (8/10)
          4. Mr Brooks (7/10)
          5. New York Ripper (6/10)

SERIAL: Amoral Uprising Official Trailer
          http://www.vimeo.com/4266594

Fun & Games with Trenton Bracks
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDrnOdraQPs

"That's the advantage of being a psychopath...you don't have to take shit off of anyone."

Comment

Originally posted by Malicious
            It was good seeing Biff from Back To The Future playing a nice guy for once.
            Collar up or collar down?
            Movie Ratings:
            Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
            Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
            Lethal Weapon - 8/10
            The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
            The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

This is one of my favorite 80's slasher films. I've had it on vhs for a while and it is still in great conditions but yesterday I found it at the Wal-Mart "horror-bin" on DVD and with a different DVD cover art for $5.21 so I grabbed it along with other horror films! I've always wanted an uncut special edition because this movie has another ending and actually on the back of the DVD it has a pic that doesn't appear in the film which is an evidence.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

I saw this at Wal-Mart today and was thinking about coming on here and asking whether it was any good or not. Guess now I don't have to.

Vincent: You feel excited when you step on them and snuff out their lives.
                Heather: Are you talking about the monsters?
                Vincent: Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Comment

Bastards! What's with all the April Fool's Day hate?

This is one of my favorite 80s films. Come on, loosen up a bit!

Comment

I love April Fool's Day, I mean come on - the title alone should give you a heads up to the ending. But I thought it was suitably suspenseful throughout - it was one of the few eighties slashers that had characters I actually gave a toss about - loved the Charles Bernstein music, and I think the film has aged very well indeed. Overall I thought it was, and remains a rather classy flick.

And very quotable too...."Sometimes, with the tides? It can take someone all night to get here from the mainland. And even then...sometimes.....they don't make it."

Comment

It's a toss up with me on this one. On one hand I like it's originality and on the other I didn't like the twist. I watched it for the first time last night. Maybe I'll have to give it a second viewing to form a solid opinion. I did really enjoy the music though.
                      sigpic

Comment

80's slasher cheese at its finest

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Source: www.retroslashers.net

So much to put online, so little time. I thought I'd briefly discuss the novelisations of The Funhouse and April Fools Day. Plans are in motion to transcribe the most crucial pages and passages for the site, and eventually hopefully the full novels. Wouldn't that be a cake of asskick?

So you've seen Tobe Hooper's The Funhouse, right? It's the movie where nothing happens. Not so with the novel - the whole backstory is revealed. Remember the deformed fetus in the jar that looks similar to the killer's monstrous visage? Remember the heroine's barely seen mother, and how the camera focuses on her hand wrapped around a glass of scotch liquor? It's all connected, baby. Moments like these dangle helplessly in the film due to on-set and post-production tampering by producers who wanted a by the numbers slasher flick. Reading the book changes that.

The extended ending of April Fools Day I've talked about but upon reading the full novel, there is much more. For example, Nan's faux-death is shown, where in the film all you see is her running around in the wind. Not sure if that scene was actually shot, but what was definitely shot however, was the longer ending. The book reveals, the next morning that Hal/Harv managed to "plow" Nikki's "field" after all the post-revelation boozing. There's alot of filler in the text, like a hunt to find a boat back to the island after they hatch the plan to get back at Muffy, but once they do, bang - real deaths. I'd like to see all that in the HD DVD one day..

Comment

Dean Koontz already did a book on "The Funhouse", they stupid enough to novelize it twice?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976
                              Dean Koontz already did a book on "The Funhouse", they stupid enough to novelize it twice?
                              You did noticed those books are old!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak
                                You did noticed those books are old!!?
                                koontz did the funhouse book AFTER the movie was filmed. and by the way he didnt write it as koontz...he used one of his pen names.

Comment

Working...
                                X