Scanners (1981)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lungslasher View Post
    You should check out Shivers and Rabid, Cronenberg's earlier films. Both are fantastic! And also, The Brood. In case you haven't seen!
    I plan to, I just gotta be in the right mind-set for Cronenberg, there's always some freaky, mind-bending stuff going on in his films.

Comment

I remember seeing this in the video store (back in the days of VHS), and thought, I wanna watch, but I wasn't 18, so the storeowner wouldn't rent it to me lol. I did eventually get to see it on TV many years later. And yeah, it's a good film, and the exploding head scene is well cool

BATH TIME BATHORY-STYLE!

Comment

Just saw it for the first time, here is my review:

"When you hear the concept of people who can let other people's heads explode for the first time you may think this movie is a senseless Exploitation flick, but it is a story driven Thriller instead, which has some bloody moments, but isn't as gruesome as you hear it to be.

Unfortunately the effects aren't really incredible, the office building of ConSec looks like someone's living room with some people dressed as scientists.

But people searching for an entertaining thriller with one little twist or the other will have fun with this movie, but it's certainly nothing for gorehounds, maybe Scanners 2 is the better movie for these people. "
        I have to pee on her.

Comment

Great movie now if I had that kind of power I could think of some minds I'd quite literally blow!

Comment

Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
            Great movie now if I had that kind of power I could think of some minds I'd quite literally blow!
            My favorite on film along with Maniac.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R. Flagg View Post
              I plan to, I just gotta be in the right mind-set for Cronenberg, there's always some freaky, mind-bending stuff going on in his films.
              thats what is great about his films.

Comment

"Scanners"....Another great David Cronenberg horror classic!! Some awesome special effects, terrific gore makeup, strong original screenplay (except for some gross character dialogue)...and top notch direction. However, the cast is all over the place. Only major standouts are Michael Ironside(who is terrific and menacing), Lawrence Dane, and Jennifer O'Neill (nicely done subtle and dramatic performances). Stephen Lack as "Cameron" is just horrible. Very poor casting choice there. Lack also strikes a resemblance to David Emge(Dawn Of The Dead). Aside from the mixed cast...Scanners is a top notch classic thriller with a great and mind-blowing final showdown between the 2 brothers.

9/10

Comment

[YOUTUBE]0O_KrHjcF_c[/YOUTUBE]
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                  X