Scanners (1981)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanners (1981)

such a kick ass movie, seen it for the first time and it really should be considered a classic, the exploding head scene was well worth the $4 that i paid for it

Originally posted by Jamie_1987
    such a kick ass movie, seen it for the first time and it really should be considered a classic, the exploding head scene was well worth the $4 that i paid for it
    It is a classic.

Comment

yeah, it is but did anyone notice that the only guns in the movie were shotguns and the occasional pistol? i dont know why but that just bothered me.

Hi! guys please tell me where can I found free pron

Comment

Very good flick didn't expect to see a lot of stuff I did. There was also two sequels I believe, haven't seen them though.
        sigpic

Comment

I understand that it's a classic. I watched it and it was ok but I didn't see what the big deal was...there were some great scenes but several great scnes don't make a great movie and i felt it dragged a bit much...3/5
          Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

I have had this DVd for like 2 years or some shit and get no mroe than 40 minutes than usually fall asleep. For some reason david Cronenberg films bore me to death, except for The FLY which is GREAT and some what The Brood, I like.

Other words he films just dont do shit for me, maybe one day i will get through it.

Comment

Not a fan of the movie really, I only watched it once, I might like it if I watch it again.

Comment

i love the first two movies but the third in the series has to be one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life.
                pass me the laser beam

Comment

sure an odd one, haven't seen it in a long time. The exploding head is funny on slo-mo, seems like they had a rubber head filled with gunk and pumped it up with a compressor or something. But I'm also not much of a cronenberg fan, find his movies mostly just odd and a bit too slow for my taste. Fly was ok, but mostly because of the high "ick" factor, I think the old one with Vincent Price is actually much funnier.

Never saw any of the sequels, and probably never will~~

Comment

not cronenberg's best, but he's never done a bad movie (no, not even fast company.) i'm waiting for someone to get off their ass and give us decent DVDs for this and the brood.

Comment

Originally posted by tibber
                      not cronenberg's best, but he's never done a bad movie (no, not even fast company.)
                      "Crash" absolutely sucked. He struck out on that one in my book.

Comment

crash has its flaws, but i think it accomplished exactly what it set out to do.

Comment

Bore me? Then yeah I guess it did.

Comment

I love Scanners!
                            In fact, I just bought it (well...VHS) this weekend for two bucks. I was pretty happy about that.
                            A hobby should pass the time, not fill it.

Comment

Will these remakes never end?

Darren Lynn Bousman will be directing the remake of David Cronenberg’s 1981 film Scanners. Bousman is a busy man, if you caught Saw IV like almost every one did this past weekend then you were watching his work, and he just finished up the horror musical Repo! The Genetic Opera! He initially refused to take on the project for Dimension films out of respect to Cronenberg’s work, however he now states it will be his next project after putting finishing touches on Repo!

The remake will be going off of a David Goyer script; the writer of the Blade series as well as director of Blade 2 and The Invisible. Dimension has set the release date as October 17th 2008.

- Wes Laurie
                              1. John Wick (2014)
                              2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
                              3. Escape from New York (1981)
                              4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
                              5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
                              6. Vigilante (1983)
                              7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
                              8. Over the Edge (1979)
                              9. Inherent Vice (2014)
                              10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Comment

Working...
                              X