The Burning (1981)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
    I'm actually glad that it didn't. It's great all by itself.

I agree, the blend of mean spiritedness and cheese was just right, first time out, but the idea of Cropsy ending up in "Fun" sequels similar to sleepaway camp 2+3

Comment

• I absolutely love the raft slaughter!

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
        I absolutely love the raft slaughter!
        Yeah, the infamous raft massacre is a slasher highlight and such a brutal scene. Cropsy slices those fuckers up all ship shape and Bristol fashion in the greatest slaughter scene in slasher history. There's slicing and dicing going off all over the show in that monumental scene. Fucking classical slashing goodness and nish doubts!

The entire film is just a showcase for Savini's gory FX, and what buzzin effects they are too - there's scissor disembowellment, forehead slashing and throat cuttery aplenty. It's perverse, voyeuristic and ultimately sleazy. Just as I take my woodland slashers, not only that but it's prolly better than the original Fri 13th and imo the best Yankee campsite slasher ever made.

Cropsy would slash that Jason wimp to smithereens in a fair fight.

9/10

Comment

• Comment

• The new poster art looks solid, even though I liked the original art as well.

I always thought the beginning of this was a bit slow, but it was utterly satisfying once it picked up steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
              The new poster art looks solid, even though I liked the original art as well.
              Yeah, I can't wait to get the blu ray. Have you seen this poster before? Its by mondo and one of my favorites;

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                Yeah, I can't wait to get the blu ray. Have you seen this poster before? Its by mondo and one of my favorites;

Holy shit, that is fucking amazing. Mondo should be designing cover art for these things. I love their posters, but I already have their Jaws poster and I only have so many walls.

Comment

Holy shit, that is fucking amazing. Mondo should be designing cover art for these things. I love their posters, but I already have their Jaws poster and I only have so many walls.
                  I've seen the Jaws poster, looks real nice, do you have it framed?

I just ordered their house on haunted hill poster, not so much because its a favorite but it just looks so damn amazing and has vincent price on it. Got my eye on a couple of others but I'm a bit cautious because of the price. With them being limited edition have you seen them maintain/go up in value?

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I've seen the Jaws poster, looks real nice, do you have it framed?
                    Yep, I got it framed right away. It's far too beautiful to treat it any other way.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I just ordered their house on haunted hill poster, not so much because its a favorite but it just looks so damn amazing and has vincent price on it. Got my eye on a couple of others but I'm a bit cautious because of the price. With them being limited edition have you seen them maintain/go up in value?
                    It's funny, I bought the House on Haunted Hill picture as well, the 11X17 (If that's the same one). That will just be for my office at work though, but I can't wait. The Last Man on Earth looked cool as well.

Comment

It's funny, I bought the House on Haunted Hill picture as well, the 11X17 (If that's the same one). That will just be for my office at work though, but I can't wait. The Last Man on Earth looked cool as well.
                      That's the one! You have very good taste my friend . The burning one looks awesome but I don't want anything too dark or gorey for my walls and Haunted Hill fits the bill, the colors are gorgeous.

Can't wait to get it!

Comment

• Great slasher, I voted "fucking good" I wish it would get a good UK release from Arrow

Comment

• "The Burning"...An early 80's slasher classic featuring some awesome makeup effects by splatter king Tom Savini. There are some wonderful kills featured in this film, the best being the "raft slaughter" scene. Directing is good, music score is well done, and there are a few nicely done suspense and shock scenes. However the cast is pretty mediocre and laughable in parts of the movie. The hunky Brian Matthews(Todd) and the charismatic Jason Alexander(Dave) are pretty much the standouts of the cast.

7/10

Comment

• I watched this movie on Netflix 3 years ago and it was really good

Comment

Originally posted by joe6panther6 View Post
                              One of the best Slasher films ever made. Too bad it didn't get the franchise treatment.
                              Not all great horror movies need a franchise some horror movies killed by a franchise
                              like the amityvile horror and the howling

Comment

• I still can't believe this movie is still banned in UK , Thanks to youtube, I saw few months ago.

Fun slasher movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X