Night of the Demons (1988)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emo-rtal Beloved View Post
    Like always, Linnea Quigley The Showstealer (I called her that cause she seems to always steal the show in any horror movie she's in) stole the show with this:

And this:

She definitely has a cute ass.

Yeah, definitely a fun movie. It has become a cult classic.
    sigpic

Comment

• this is some good 80's cheese. some awesome gore too.

(7/10)

Comment

• "Night Of The Demons"....This is one of the best horror movies from the 80's!! It features 10 annoying(some even more annoying) characters set up to be possessed in an old funeral home. The opening credit sequence features nicely done animation. The characters are introduced slowly, with more personal detail than is usually found in movies like this. By the time the horror begins, we know each one of the characters, and either like or hate them according to their distinct personalities. Steve Johnson's make-up effects are awesome and direction by Kevin S. Tenney is solid. The scares are jolting and their is some really nicely done suspenseful build ups due to some spooky atmosphere and suspenseful set-ups. Mediocre dialogue, bad acting, and cheesy tongue-and-cheek moments also highlight the movie. A very memorable part for me is the old man at the end. After eating his apple pie, his throat tears open as we see razor blades tearing through the skin with all that blood gushing out. OMG...that was nasty and fucking great!! This 80's hit is surprisingly fun, authentically scary, and very imaginative!!

8.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
          "Night Of The Demons"....This is one of the best horror movies from the 80's!! It features 10 annoying(some even more annoying) characters set up to be possessed in an old funeral home. The opening credit sequence features nicely done animation. The characters are introduced slowly, with more personal detail than is usually found in movies like this. By the time the horror begins, we know each one of the characters, and either like or hate them according to their distinct personalities. Steve Johnson's make-up effects are awesome and direction by Kevin S. Tenney is solid. The scares are jolting and their is some really nicely done suspenseful build ups due to some spooky atmosphere and suspenseful set-ups. Mediocre dialogue, bad acting, and cheesy tongue-and-cheek moments also highlight the movie. A very memorable part for me is the old man at the end. After eating his apple pie, his throat tears open as we see razor blades tearing through the skin with all that blood gushing out. OMG...that was nasty and fucking great!! This 80's hit is surprisingly fun, authentically scary, and very imaginative!!

8.5/10
          this and witchboard are tenney's best films.

Comment

• I fucking love this movie! So much so that I made it the first episode of A Blood Splattered Halloween this year:

Blood Splattered Cinema: Night of the Demons

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
            Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
            Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
            Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

• Originally posted by orlova13 View Post
              Personally, I think the second film is great. But the first is good too.

Hear, hear!

While I dig the first, the second one is my fav. Angela is stunning in this one. I used to envy the dude she is flirting with during her dance scene.

Comment

• I have all 3. The first two are on dvd and I picked them up for 3.99 apiece at a store called Hastings quite some time ago I rented the 3rd on vhs back in the 90's and was able to burn a a copy from youtube where its on there under the title Demon House 3. I picked up the remake just to complete the collection. Its nothing special but the cast is very attractive.

Comment

• BTW, meant to add that I looooove the first two films.

Comment

• "Night Of The Demons"....This is one of the best horror movies from the 80's, despite some very atrocious acting!! Featuring 10 annoying(some even more annoying) characters set up to be possessed in an old funeral home. The opening credit sequence features nicely done animation and it deserves to be mentioned. The characters are introduced slowly, and by the time the horror begins, we know each one of the characters, and either like or hate them according to their distinct personalities. Steve Johnson's make-up effects are awesome and direction by Kevin S. Tenney is terrific! The scares are jolting and their is some really nicely done suspenseful build ups due to some spooky atmosphere and suspenseful set-ups. Mediocre dialogue, bad acting, and cheesy tongue-and-cheek moments also highlight the movie. A very memorable part for me is the old man at the end. After eating his apple pie, his throat tears open as we see razor blades tearing through the skin with all that blood gushing out. OMG...that was nasty and fucking great!! This 80's hit is surprisingly fun, authentically scary, and very imaginative!!

8.5/10

Comment

• This is easily among my top ten favorite horror films of all time. It's a tradition that I watch it every Halloween

Comment

• whats the new transfer like in the shout factory release?

Comment

• I loathe Blu Ray but I love the cover

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                            This is easily among my top ten favorite horror films of all time. It's a tradition that I watch it every Halloween

I hear ya I do the same I have all three plus the remake but the first two are the all time best of the series. Scared me so bad as a child but I love them now.

Comment

Working...
                            X