No announcement yet.

Creepshow 2 (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow...nevermind...third one was straight to DVD and apparently sucked. Fourth one is in production with Stephen King writing!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478125/

and

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485887/
    Check out my horror blog:

http://www.noroominhell.com

Comment

Great film. I also liked The Raft and The Hitchhiker the best.
      I prefer this film to the first Creepshow.
      I'm not in any rush to see the third one because it's supposed to be really crap.

"Thanks for the ride lady!"

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Creepshow 2 is a really awesome movie, and has been a personal favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. "The Raft" is one of the top scariest segments of any horror anthology--the soundtrack is really effective, and the actors are all convincing; they really sold those blob attacks and made their deaths slow and agonizing. The last couple minutes are especially frightening and suspenseful. I think it's right up there with "Something to Tide You Over" as the best Creepshow tale. "The Hitchhiker" also delivers the goods, and it's just hilarious. I think it would probably make for a good drinking game--take a drink every time the woman hits the hitchhiker and then just sits in her parked car long enough for him to attack again. Or take a drink every time you hear the name "Lansing"

Oh yeah, even though "The Raft" is a masterpiece, it includes one of the oddest decisions by the filmmakers; the teenagers apparently leave their car running the whole time they are on the raft, and it will blast loud rock music whenever it's convenient for the script.

Creepshow and Creepshow 2 are both must-haves for horror fans!

Comment

Originally posted by mmhersh View Post
          Fourth one is in production with Stephen King writing!

Now this, will be something to see!
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

I just watched both in succession last night. Creepshow is by far one of my favorite movies. The lighting is amazing, the story, the make-up, the special effects, and the cheese is fantastic. Creepshow 2 on the other hand isn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's close. I feel that all of the stories fall completely short in so many ways. Tom Salvini is a modern genius and if he had more input I'm sure it would have been a much better movie. Does anyone know for sure why Stephen king and George A. Romero didn't do the second one?

Comment

The tale about the lake monster still creeps me out.

Comment

I love the Creepshow movies. The origional was by far the best and the Raft from Creepshow II was excellent. I heard bad thiings about Creepshow III is it really as bad as I hear?

Comment

The third Creepshow "film" is beyond terrible. It is painfully bad to look at, listen to, it just fails all the way around. Only watch this movie if you want a lesson in how to NOT make a movie.

On a cooler note..I am a HUGE fan of the first film, and had the chance to meet Joe King (writes under the name Joe Hill) and he signed my DVD of CREEPSHOW and he told me I was the first person to ever ask him to sign anything related to the film, which surprised me.

Adrienne Barbeau, who I love, signed it as well.
                  I feel like the baroness in "The Sound of Music". Everyone is off climbing an Alp and I want to shove a guitar up that nun's ass.

Comment

the raft segment was my favorite---creepy and the hitch hiker one was just down right awesome.

www.myspace.com/warofwrath

Comment

i enjoyed creepshow 2, not as much as the first one. hopefully crepshow 4 is good.

Comment

Creepshow 2 is one of my favorite sequels of all time. I would actually go as far as to say that I enjoyed it even more than I enjoyed the first. My favorite story from this is "Old Chief Wood'nhead." It is a classic example of what the EC comics were like.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTerrorOfLife View Post
                          Creepshow 2 is one of my favorite sequels of all time. I would actually go as far as to say that I enjoyed it even more than I enjoyed the first. My favorite story from this is "Old Chief Wood'nhead." It is a classic example of what the EC comics were like.

I know a few people who like the sequel more than the first film, but I've never heard anyone say that they like the OLD CHIEF WOOD'NHEAD segment most.

I like them all and think they're entertaining...I saw this in the theater as a kid and thanks to THE RAFT segment I couldn't swim, even in a pool for quite a while.
                          I feel like the baroness in "The Sound of Music". Everyone is off climbing an Alp and I want to shove a guitar up that nun's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTerrorOfLife View Post
                            wow thats a first.ive never heard anyone say that was there favorite segment.not that theres anything wrong with it

nothing beats fathers day...best creepshow segment

www.myspace.com/warofwrath

Comment

[QUOTE=DeathinFire;1604207]wow thats a first.ive never heard anyone say that was there favorite segment.not that theres anything wrong with it

[QUOTE]

Yep. I'm as unique as they get.

Comment

I feel about Creepshow 2 the same way I feel about Return of the Living Dead Part 2. Both are decent enough on their own but are nothing compared to the originals.

Comment

Working...
                                X